so would you do it again? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so would you do it again? ?

well i;m happy with me truck, but sometimes the rose tinted specs, well y'know etc...

so a family member is movind down to our way and wants to trade el corsa in to get a hilux. i of course said do it, get a 2nd gen, it;ll match mine and look good on driveway etc...

they said they want exactly that...a 2nd gen not that they really know what one is but because they;ve seen mine

anyway, said new truck will help out with the business and all sorts...so would you guys, knowing what you now know, go for it and get another surf or is there anything else that would pique your interest?

we need another 4wd...i reckon surf...what else is there? serious q
    problems? i'll take 'em.

at present the only other 4x4 i would have apart from the surf is a landcruiser!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I would sell him your old 2nd gen, and you go and buy a 3rd gen,
      you will be amazed at the difference, and the extra power.

Comment

Me too! As long as you can handle all the plastic and hairdresser jokes
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by zedster
          I would sell him your old 2nd gen, and you go and buy a 3rd gen,
          you will be amazed at the difference, and the extra power.
          Thats ok if your buisness is hairdressing
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

you 2nd gen guys are just jealous of the extra power and better looks of the 3rd gen model plus the fact that you cant afford to buy one

Comment

Yep, i would.

I sold my 97 3.0 ssrg to a good friend and brought a 56 plate Nissan navara, and althought its an awesome truck I miss the surf like hell,

If i was able to claim it though business like i can the nissan id have one tomorrow.

And i recommend them to anyone.

Saying that im not taking anything away from the Navara, great in so many ways

Comment

Yes and no. Fine for business and general use, but blo0dy time hogs.
                Never spent so much time diddling with a vehicle for no real reason.

Would definitely stick with the Surf's though. (2nd gen, not hairdresser gen).
                Last edited by MattF; 1 December 2006, 12:58.

Comment

How can a 3rd gen 3.0 td be more powerfull than a 2nd gen 3.0 td since its the same engine?
                  3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Not only would I do it again, but I did. I'm on my second 2nd gen - went from a 92 2.4 to a 95 3.0. I could have afforded a 3rd gen, but I prefer the body shape and 'utilitarian' design of the 2nd gen.

Oh, and I got BLUE!
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                      How can a 3rd gen 3.0 td be more powerfull than a 2nd gen 3.0 td since its the same engine?
                      Spell it after me:

I...N...T...E...R...C...O...O. ..L...E...R...

Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                        Spell it after me:

I...N...T...E...R...C...O...O. ..L...E...R...

But not all 3rd Gens have them. And more than a couple of people have retro-fitted them to 2nd Gens. Soooo....
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

deffo the 2nd gen in black and dark tinted windows.My mrs says mine looks like a hearse so i said now you know what to use as a funeral car when i go
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

My 2nd gen's more powerful than a standard 3rd gen. Vathcman's is more powerful than the cold air version too

I would buy another. Only problem is their age and associated endless fcuking around with them. If it's somone who enjoys oily hands, they'll love it. Anyone else, they need a local garage they trust for all the little jobs.

Comment

I'd go for another surf, but seriously take a look around, some of the newer isuzu's have had good write ups recently.

=========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X