Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Should have ordered ES3000s +2"

I ordered mine on-line, got them two days later!
    feel like i should'nt have ordered anything from explorer uk ( does that stand for useless k#nts
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Should have ordered ES3000s +2"

I ordered mine on-line, got them two days later!
      IMHO, 3000's are fine for 2" springs, if that where you leave it, add a body lift or coil spacers the extra swaying momentum of a taller truck means you need 9000's for a better ride.

Unless you have the LC springs, as they seem hard enough to support the truck on corners with only 3000's, but you may still need 9000's on the front.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        IMHO, 3000's are fine for 2" springs, if that where you leave it, add a body lift or coil spacers the extra swaying momentum of a taller truck means you need 9000's for a better ride.

Unless you have the LC springs, as they seem hard enough to support the truck on corners with only 3000's, but you may still need 9000's on the front.

Thats exactly what I am doing.

Are the steering dampers any good from Explorer, or is there a better 'value' one?

Comment

Thats exactly what I am doing.

Are the steering dampers any good from Explorer, or is there a better 'value' one?
          yea i wondered about that,they are gabriel dampers i think.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

The uprated dampers are Gabrial, the heavy duty are ES1000 shocks and a fitting bracket kit. You'll want the heavy duty for 32" + tyres.

Hey Mushroom man, got all your bits now, come up when every you're ready.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Glad you thought so Tony! I would have said ES9000s with LC springs would be back-breaking! The ES3000s work perfectly with the LC's, and body roll seems to be well controlled. I dont drive it like a loony anyway, so I expect when the bodylift goes on, things will still be OK.

As regards Explorer, when I visited them a few weeks ago, things did seem to be a little chaotic, but haven't they changed ownership recently?

I bought a pair of +2" ES3000 and four 8" chromed lamps which they gave me for the price of the ABS ones (thats about £15 off per lamp!) so perhaps it's better to go there and talk face to face than try to order online. (If you travel the M6 at all, they're very easy to find)
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

well ive been to there place a couple of times now i have no complaints as yet, apart from they are always out of stock of things, but that can be expected if there stock comes from the us and oz. ive never had anything delivered so cant comment on that.
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                  well ive been to there place a couple of times now i have no complaints as yet, apart from they are always out of stock of things, but that can be expected if there stock comes from the us and oz. ive never had anything delivered so cant comment on that.

lol slim if it wasnt in stock they wouldnt be able to deliver

but they would'nt bother notifying you thats the prob

ps my lamb for sunday dinner come from NZ tesco's dont have a prob
                  Last edited by joker??; 25 October 2006, 12:12.

Comment

[quote=joker??]lol slim if it wasnt in stock they wouldnt be able to deliver

yeah i knowb that.... i mean as in the service not if they have it in or not!
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                      lol slim if it wasnt in stock they wouldnt be able to deliver

but they would'nt bother notifying you thats the prob

ps my lamb for sunday dinner come from NZ tesco's dont have a prob
                      what you mean NZ lamb.what is wrong with our great cornish lamb
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        what you mean NZ lamb.what is wrong with our great cornish lamb
                        ahemm cornishmen !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                          ahemm cornishmen !!!!

Its not the cornish you have to worry about, its the welsh and scottish sheep farmers you need to worry about,thats why they all wear kilts cause the sheep got used to the sound of their zips

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            Its not the cornish you have to worry about, its the welsh and scottish sheep farmers you need to worry about,thats why they all wear kilts cause the sheep got used to the sound of their zips
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Don't forget the oversized wellies to put their back legs in.

Comment

Don't forget the oversized wellies to put their back legs in.
                                you dont want them to get away then

Comment

Working...
                                X