Just Been Clamped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Been Clamped

had to take my 3 year old to bristol childrens hospital this morning (nothing serious) put a ticket on my surf when i get back some jobs worth little $$$$er has clamped it not because the ticket was out of time but the space was reserved for a doctor when i pionted out that there were now sighs saying so he pointed me at a notice the size of an a4 piece of paper five spaces away there you go he said sorry i said i forgot to bring my telescope you prick.so £45 later the clamp is taken off
    Last edited by kiowa; 23 October 2006, 15:59.
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Might be worth seeing if they took longer to take the clamp off than you were parked there for, if so, It could be pointed out that the clampers were aiding & abetting the alleged offence! I have always thought clamping was counter productive as it prolongs the alleged offence especially if the car is causing an obstruction.
    Next time maybe call an ambulance or a hospital car & explain why!

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
      had to take my 3 year old to bristol childrens hospital this morning (nothing serious) put a ticket on my surf when i get back some jobs worth little $$$$er has clamped it not because the ticket was out of time but the space was reserved for a doctor when i pionted out that there were now sighs saying so he pointed me at a notice the size of an a4 piece of paper five spaces away there you go he said sorry i said i forgot to bring my telescope you prick.so £45 later the clamp is taken off

I would have followed him home!

Comment

I would have got the bolt cutters out of the back and cut it off..

That does my swede in... you are there for the services that the hospital offer, you have no problem paying the parking charges, 'cos its going to a good cause. Then these muppets come along and clamp you, 'cos they've got nothing better to do...

If it was a doctors place, they should have marked the spot like they do disabled spaces... clearly so there is no ambiguity.

It makes me seethe...!

Comment

Security gaurd at our local hospital told me that they weren't allowed to clamp by law and if u appeal they have to refund.

something to do with being on NHS land, worth a call to someone
          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

you should have told him you were a doctor, made up a bogus registration number and told him to remove the clamp or you will have his neck on the block with his boss
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
              you have no problem paying the parking charges, 'cos its going to a good cause.
              You may well find the money *isn't* going to a good cause. I know of at least two hospitals where the money for parking simply lines the pockets of car park companies. That STINKS!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

did he look good wearing It??..not that I would advocate violence in any form (except this one)
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

last time i got a parking fine i drew the money out of the bank in 2p and 1p coins, put them all loose in a cardboard box and delivered it by hand to the clerk - think it was £60, very very childish i know but very very satisfying - the man did not look pleased as i left him counting up the change -
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                    last time i got a parking fine i drew the money out of the bank in 2p and 1p coins, put them all loose in a cardboard box and delivered it by hand to the clerk - think it was £60, very very childish i know but very very satisfying - the man did not look pleased as i left him counting up the change -
                    (Puts pedantic hat on)

Childish maybe, but definitely not legal tender.

http://www.royalmint.com/RoyalMint/w...Guidelines.asp

He could have said no. I suspect he knew he would die a slow and painful death if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                      (Puts pedantic hat on)

Childish maybe, but definitely not legal tender.

http://www.royalmint.com/RoyalMint/w...Guidelines.asp

He could have said no. I suspect he knew he would die a slow and painful death if he did.

So if I have 20 pennies in my pocket, 19 of them are rubbish?

Comment

i'm not the only one.....
                        http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Where'd you get that from, it says 20 pennies you can spend, 21 in one go you can't.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            No but if you have 40, 21 - 40 are!
                            never mind mate if you have too many notes coins etc - I'll take them off your hands .....free, gratis, no problem, if there are enough I'll even come and collect them, and I got a trailer!!!!
                            Aaand I aint proud I even accept thoe type of freebies from an owner of a bugerendidilly motor!
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

if you turn the front wheels to full lock one way or the other they can't get a clamp on. and as far as i know they can't clamp rear wheels. i was told this by an attendant after they had clamped me. little b******ds.

Comment

Working...
                              X