procomp bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaky cakes
    Yes - the mounting bolt is 14mm dia. - if you're changing yours soon - i'd get out there now and soak all associated nuts and bolts with wd40 and again whenever your can.
    used a can of wd40 yesterday will do again , and again , and again

There's always my kango hammer lmao

lol
    Last edited by joker??; 18 October 2006, 20:26.
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      TONYN may confirm this but they were having trouble Stateside a while back
      I've had lots of trouble with them suppling the wrong stuff this year, but they are getting better, and they always sort it out in the end.

The new guys who took it on after the founder died last year arn't as clued up on what fits what yet, but they are learning.

Also delivery from the US where taking time to get here.

Now I keep a bit of stock so its here when I need it.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

val phoned explorer uk today and explained that people were having trouble with there procomp es 9000 ie wrong parts etc,
        he as promised that he will double check my order and it will be correct when he sends it out next week
        he also asked what site i was on as he was intrested in the feedback so if he does visit this site i hope he takes some of this criticism constructively after all a lot of people on this site like and use the procomp shocks
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
          Yes - the mounting bolt is 14mm dia. - if you're changing yours soon - i'd get out there now and soak all associated nuts and bolts with wd40 and again whenever your can.

I stand corrected It's 16mm ID.
          another day without bushes has made me take some drastic measures.
          After being unable to drill or turn the rubber bushes to accept the sleeve, I took my pencil die grinder with 10mm carbide burr, and ground out the excess from the undersized bushes. very smelly job but did the trick. just finished installing front shocks. took her for a drive - what a diffrence. I wouldn't say it was a hard ride more firm and sure footed. not as hard as I expected. excellent.
          if the correct bushes ever arrive, i will swap them over.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

What are you all on about, my ES3000s went on without probs.

Comment

Working...
            X