X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    . easier to get an entire tailgate.
    Hello,

I've used these guys a few times and they're pretty good.

http://www.thorntonbreakers.co.uk/index.html

They've got a few surfs for breaking at the mo.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Nor mine!
      Mine neither and its original.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

After saying that there was a warning light, I went and checked mine, and lo-and-behold... I don't have one.

Going to have to look into this, I'm sure it should be there, maybe a blown bulb in the dash, or dodgy contacts on the switch.... come to think of it, is there even a switch, I'm sure there is, little knobbly thing on the locking mechanism. Gonna have to have another look in a bit.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/gauges.htm

Comment

Dont forget Mark plenty of pic's when you do it, should'ne be to difficult to knock up some sort of warning light if you want on although you'd notice that thing swinging about,
            Charlie if i remember right did you leave the tail gate lock where it was? so it's now behind the spare, I'd like to keep me underslung when i do this so i'll have two spares. belt and braces
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              Dont forget Mark plenty of pic's when you do it, should'ne be to difficult to knock up some sort of warning light if you want on although you'd notice that thing swinging about,
              Charlie if i remember right did you leave the tail gate lock where it was? so it's now behind the spare, I'd like to keep me underslung when i do this so i'll have two spares. belt and braces
              plenty of pics righty hoe,ill be able to make a surf modders handbook soon.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                had two spares ian plus small toolbox noticed the weight on suspension ,got the two in longer springs , but hopefully will soon be rectified
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I carry the wife's mobility scooter on the truck all the time but dont seem to notice the truck rideing much lower than it does without it, had quite a bit of weight on the other day, 6 bags ballast, 2 sand and 3 cement plus the scooter and it did'nt notice much, Cant have a saggy ar$e then,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

the locks are a different fitting, so if you get an old tailgate make sure its got a key, or you will have to do a bit of dremel and araldite action on it to keep a matched key...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X