No announcement yet.

The new War of the Worlds movie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope, Dune is the worst one ever.. its like someone showed the cover of 3 of the books to laurel and hardy and left them to make the film...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

HeHe there's been some naf ones, remember that titanic film, that was the one with jason robards in was'nt it? made it even worse when they found the titanic was actually in two peices, never read or watched dune, not my thing.
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Yep, that's it

It was a crime to all Cussler fans - much prefer Sahara

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Yep, that's it

It was a crime to all Cussler fans - much prefer Sahara

Trev
          Even that is too loose to the book ,,,,,,Books give so many better subplots
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I'd have to say anything with Steven Segal in it is gonna be pretty dire.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

hiya
              erm correct me if Im wrong(missus does it all the time ,im used to it) but did'nt the original (war of the worlds) starred Raymond Massey way back in the 50's maybe 40's even .I heard the radio version and that gripped america by the short and curlies,,,,no change there then ,,,Orson Wells did that radio presentation I believe he got arrested aswell....and no I aint that old b4 someone say's it,,,,just a mine of useless information

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Know what you mean, i've yet to see a film that measures up to the book,
                at best the film is sometimes "not bad" and at worst it's cr@p, the worst one i remember was a film of a book called (i think) the clansmen, about the klu-klux klan, the film had "top actors" lee marvin and richard burton, well marvin looked like he's rather be somewhere else, and burton looked pi$$ed all the way through and prob was, i'll still watch the film of da vinci code though as i like tom hanks and haveing read the book you already have an insite into the charictors,
                Was that starring rodger moore charlie?
                I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings Trilogy .
                The books are supposed to be classics , but I'd never got around to reading them . When I finally did I found them heavy going and not as enjoyable as the films.
                Isn't that the case tho'
                You're expectations are coloured by whichever you see first .
                I'm a big Cussler fan though , I've never seen a film which did his books justice. If I hadn't read Sahara I'd never have been able to follow the film !
                Wouldn't Dirk Pitt make a great series of action/adventure films ?

Geoff
                Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  I'd have to say anything with Steven Segal in it is gonna be pretty dire.

He's only got one expression, constipation!

Comment

why havent they made a film of the river god books?
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      He's only got one expression, constipation!
                      AhAh yeah, looks like he's constantly trying to hold a cigerette paper between the cheeks of his ar$e
                      Could be right gillcover, most "old films" are remakes themselves of even older films or radio plays,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Someone gave me a copy of 'The War Of The Worlds' CD. Jeff Wayne's musical version!!! the other day. Had never heard of it before.

Just listening to the song 'Forever Autumn'

.......................'cos your not here!!!!!!'
                        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

thunderchild is my fave aswell, but forever autumn is cracking, superb story, told as you would exspect with such a star cast, want to see the live show, heard it's amazing.
                          The benchmark....

Comment

Sorry but the remake of War of the Worlds was a big dissapointment, was going to ask for a refund from the cinema. My main complaint was that if the aliens had all their stuff on earth for hundereds of years and been planning for all that time, then surely one of the aliens would have noticed that the air on earth was dangerous for them to breath (perhaps that job was left to the work experience boy)
                            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

...take it from me. The War Of The Worlds live stage musical is AWESOME! Saw it last year in Brighton. The opening score after Richard Burtons 'no one would of believed speech' shook the tiles off the convention hall roof, and the audience was left speachless...

I think the tour is going back out on the road again later this year?
                              www.pictureboxuk.com
                              www.lucyblueparker.com

Comment

Cant comment,not seen the old or the new. only got the cd

Must get hold of the dvd/video and see what it's all about.
                                www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
                                X