The new War of the Worlds movie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new War of the Worlds movie!

We watched it tonight on the big telly, sound, bass and treble turned up, lights off, huge peperoni and pineapple pizza, fries and garlic bread, Californian rose' wine.......

Holy cr4p what a fantastic film!!

anyone else seen it? fantastic special effects, and no corny stuff, just brilliant action, 12/10!

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    We watched it tonight on the big telly, sound, bass and treble turned up, lights off, huge peperoni and pineapple pizza, fries and garlic bread, Californian rose' wine.......

anyone else seen it? fantastic special effects, and no corny stuff, just brilliant action, 12/10!

Your right, its a great remake. We watched at the moves and I liked it that much i got it on DVD
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hi Vince,
      We bought on DVD some time ago and have watched twice already.
      The effects are very good indeed to say the least.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Concur totally! The storm sequence, the bit where the first machine digs itself out of the ground and starts shooting the place up...

Had the sub turned up - windows rattling, floor shaking. Excellent edge of the seat movie!

King Kong is a good surround sound system workout too BTW!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Special effects were brilliant! Only three things spoiled the movie and they were all actors / characters.

1. Tom Cruise totally hamming it up, he only has two expressions (smug and smugger).

2. If there had been an Oscar for the actress who screamed the most Dakota Fanning would have won hands down.

3. The guy who played Cruises son was portrayed as a total a**e, while everyone was fleeing the aliens all he did was run towards them.

Gonna show my age now and say I prefer the original starring Gene Barry.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

i have to agree with you there vince. brill movie,my favorite part is the ferry scene.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yup.
              Worse part of the film (the only bad bit)....Tom Cruise singing the Beach boy's 'lil deuce coupe'

Comment

Nah, the bit at the end with him and his ex wife staring at each other made me wanna vomit.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Good remake, but the original was less hammier, it got an award for effects when it was released (the original i mean),
                  still waiting for the DaVinci code to come out on dvd
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Good remake, but the original was less hammier, it got an award for effects when it was released (the original i mean),
                    still waiting for the DaVinci code to come out on dvd

Apparently. the book is ten times better than the movie.

Comment

Apparently. the book is ten times better than the movie.
                      The book useually is, read the book and enjoyed it, then read angels and demons, and a quater way through deception point, the guys a good writer,

Comment

The Davinci Code, thourghly enjoyed the book but too many storyline changes in the film and even at 150 minutes long it still wasn't enough to tell the story properly.

My advice, if you've read the book, miss the film you'll be disappointed.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

davinci code is out on the 13th... thats a friday.... knights templar? oh google it then, i'm not explaining all that..
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kameeleon
                            The Davinci Code, thourghly enjoyed the book but too many storyline changes in the film and even at 150 minutes long it still wasn't enough to tell the story properly.

My advice, if you've read the book, miss the film you'll be disappointed.
                            Know what you mean, i've yet to see a film that measures up to the book,
                            at best the film is sometimes "not bad" and at worst it's cr@p, the worst one i remember was a film of a book called (i think) the clansmen, about the klu-klux klan, the film had "top actors" lee marvin and richard burton, well marvin looked like he's rather be somewhere else, and burton looked pi$$ed all the way through and prob was, i'll still watch the film of da vinci code though as i like tom hanks and haveing read the book you already have an insite into the charictors,
                            Was that starring rodger moore charlie?

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                              Know what you mean, i've yet to see a film that measures up to the book,
                              at best the film is sometimes "not bad" and at worst it's cr@p, the worst one i remember was a film of a book called (i think) the clansmen, about the klu-klux klan, the film had "top actors" lee marvin and richard burton, well marvin looked like he's rather be somewhere else, and burton looked pi$$ed all the way through and prob was, i'll still watch the film of da vinci code though as i like tom hanks and haveing read the book you already have an insite into the charictors,
                              Was that starring rodger moore charlie?
                              The worse one I have seen was "Raise the Titanic" - great book, the film should be sent to lie by the original Titanic"

Trev
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X