CV boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    I'm planning on getting Tony N to do it, along with a new exhaust centre section and an MOT in one go.

Easier that way, and I keep my manicure clean
    GOOD plan

Tony did mine, he has all the right gear and has done millions b4!

I was glad it was tony that got all greased up! [He seems to like that sort of thing though]
    Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by gillcover
      Hiho
      Its really not as bad as it looks I did my CV's a few weeks ago, yeah ok the
      first side I did was a bit of a mystery took me about 3 hours,did'nt help cos I broke of the bolts I was useing to release the hub flange thingy,had to drill and retap it so make sure you use high tensile bolts.tighten them as far as you dare then slacken them off,the collets on the studs should ping out so watch out for them, easy lost .The other side I did in about an hour,and thats changeing the cv aswell.As your only doing the rubber boots should'nt take to long.The one thing I'd recommend is that you take the bolt out of the bottom of the shock absorber and push it out of the way,so much easier. Be prepared to get your hands greasy tho jakey cakes aint wrong there I'd buy yourself a pot of CV grease ,I dont think there's enough in them satchet's ya get.

it's only as hard as you make it,, famous last word ,,,,

Did my today, yes you're right about the shock absorber and I would like to add

When doing the nearside, turn your wheels to the right and offside turn to the left, it makes it more easy to get the drive shaft out IMO.
      I Love Wales

Comment

Working...
      X