X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    I do need beauty sleep you know!
    Yeah - we had heard you need as much as you can get

How's the intercooler - get some pics up!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
      hey 4wdtoyota... Who did you buy your Hilux from (who imported it)? I'm in Winnipeg and I want to get my hands on a hilux but my options are limited here. I don't have much bartering material - I can't say "well 'so and so' down the street has a better one for cheaper... but I'll give you a chance to beat him" Doesn't work that way when he knows there aren't that many importers in town!

If you have any tips or pointers for a fellow canuck - they'd be greatly appreciated!
      i was in almost the same boat i got mine from a guy who owns a car wash in spruce grove and sells for what their worth which can be costly but if u have the patience i do recomend importin them yourself dependin what conditon they are in you can get them for fairly cheap there are many websites that import many rh drive vehiciles
      all of the importin that happens is mostly from a lot of japanese websites that will have many cars whether they are rh drive mazdas or toyotas
      or even a bmw 850i its kind of like a used car lot on the website and you can get them for relatively cheap if u wanna wait i didnt
      if u wanna wait you can go on certain websites and poke around you may see some of these (surfs) or there are mitsubishi pajeros i belive they are called or some land cruisers then once you have found one you want you can either buy it rite out or with some of them or bid in an auction the prices include shippin on boat to vancouver island i belive and from there it is all up to u most ppl have them piked up and sent inland by train there are a buch of companies that do that thats how mine got here some even go pik them up importin them yourself can be risky i advise you get the insurance if u do that way if the boat tips you dont lose out
      it does take patience but if u got it it will save a bunch of cash mine for example came from japan the way it is shown on my cardomain rite now i havent got my new parts on it yet i have been to busy but one like mine under coated and mint cond no rust no scratch no nothin witha nice lift and some rims and it had 139 000 probaly could have been imported for 12-13 well my guy wanted 18 500 and could have got it which is why i for next spring i am enterin into the import biz with some freinds i however brought him down a bit under 17

other than that thanks for those links ill check em out and ill probaly end up orderin that same intercooler with that and my snorkel i should get some nice cold air next will be the fuel cat diesel booster, from there ill do the pipe and then i am goin to see what i can do about my turbo wastegateand blow off valve
      just curious i hear some brand in japan called dragon make computer chips for the hilux has anyone used them or another they could recomend or is there no such thing

Comment

Ahem. Bobbox.

Here's the link:

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/bobbox.shtml
        Last edited by MattF; 14 September 2006, 20:06.

Comment

Spares from Japan

4wdtoyota,

I have been trying to track down a Japanese source of Hilux spares and add-ons that is willing to export to England. I'd be grateful for the web address of the one you have used.

Comment

Originally posted by najobskalf
            4wdtoyota,

I have been trying to track down a Japanese source of Hilux spares and add-ons that is willing to export to England. I'd be grateful for the web address of the one you have used.
            actually land cruisers are pretty popular over here and so there is a little shop that only deals with hilux pu hilux surfs and land cruiser and they did all my ordering for me and then it just got shipped to the store and i picked it up

but they only do like lift kits snorkels oem's bullbar winches and body panels
            so i have to get all my custom performance parts my self and that is hard over here so i am just startin to look over in the uk and japan which i s why i use this site
            but ill ask the shop who they use cause i got to go pik up my snorkel anyways

Comment

Originally posted by 4wdtoyota
              actually land cruisers are pretty popular over here and so there is a little shop that only deals with hilux pu hilux surfs and land cruiser and they did all my ordering for me and then it just got shipped to the store and i picked it up

but they only do like lift kits snorkels oem's bullbar winches and body panels
              so i have to get all my custom performance parts my self and that is hard over here so i am just startin to look over in the uk and japan which i s why i use this site
              but ill ask the shop who they use cause i got to go pik up my snorkel anyways
              The Aussie's are a good source of custom equipment as well. Don't know what
              the shipping charges would be like from there for you though. We always seem
              to get the cr&ppy end of the stick in this country when it comes to aftermarket
              mods.

Comment

Dude!!! 118 500? That's alot of money! I'd understand if he put $10 000 in mods on it, but i highly doubt it... cause with that mileage, it's only worth about 8 or 9! But I suppose with those mods... and the rarity of it it'll bring the price up.

Check this out: I just missed out on this hilux. 1991 with 100k. New rubber with chrome rims (stock tires and rims also included). Mint condition - no rust. Here in Winnipeg so no shipping required.

Price: $10 500

Thanks alot for your help so far tho! And if you do find a source for parts easily accessible in Canada... let us know! I'd greatly appreciate it (for when I get my surf)
                !
                Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

there is a lot of upgrades to my suspension and and the body lift along a bunch of of other $$$$ i did bring him down to 16750 and thats here in town as well 18 500 is just what he wanted
                  with all the upgrades and the labor i felt it was worth it

id would rather buy this for an extra 6 250$ than have that for 10500
                  p.s. the sticker says 1990

Comment

Originally posted by 4wdtoyota
                    there is a lot of upgrades to my suspension and and the body lift along a bunch of of other $$$$ i did bring him down to 16750 and thats here in town as well 18 500 is just what he wanted
                    with all the upgrades and the labor i felt it was worth it

id would rather buy this for an extra 6 250$ than have that for 10500
                    p.s. the sticker says 1990
                    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's Clean

Just joking, nice truck

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                      ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's Clean

Just joking, nice truck

Trev
                      hahaha i know iknow i dont have any muddy pics om this comp but im goin 4x4in this weekend ill get some lol
                      thanks

Comment

Thats cool man, I'm glad you got a good deal on what you were looking for! you are right about the expensive suspension lift - the one you got is a pretty radical one. Guess I hadn't factored in how hard they are to come by.
                        about the 90/91 thing... I mixed up 2 different vehicles

Do you have any remote start/alarm/keyless entry system installed on yours? That would be my first purchase I think after getting a surf, and I'm looking at my options here in the great white north.

Also, what are you planning on using for oil for the winter? any grade that you think will work for the drastic changes in temp during the fall/spring... when it goes from 10 to -20 from day to day!?! and winter when it can go as low as -40, -50

Comment

How do you get on with the diesel at that temp, do you have a heater under the car for when it's parked overnight ?

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

How do you get on with the diesel at that temp, do you have a heater under the car for when it's parked overnight ?

Trev

HAHAHAHA!!!
                            yeah kinda like that. we have what we call 'Block heaters'.... they do exactly that. Its a little electric heater for your engine block. We also have battery blankets. they do the same deal but with elements inside of a blanked wrapped around your battery so it doesn't freeze... makes for easier starts.

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
                              Thats cool man, I'm glad you got a good deal on what you were looking for! you are right about the expensive suspension lift - the one you got is a pretty radical one. Guess I hadn't factored in how hard they are to come by.
                              about the 90/91 thing... I mixed up 2 different vehicles

Do you have any remote start/alarm/keyless entry system installed on yours? That would be my first purchase I think after getting a surf, and I'm looking at my options here in the great white north.

Also, what are you planning on using for oil for the winter? any grade that you think will work for the drastic changes in temp during the fall/spring... when it goes from 10 to -20 from day to day!?! and winter when it can go as low as -40, -50
                              mine came with keyless entry yours may too but since i am goin all out and get a a touchscrreen with navigation system along with my alpine sound system i am gettin a compustar alarm
                              something very viscous at low temps (i dont know maybe 10w 50 or 15 w 40 like i use now) along with some diesel bosster and heater i figured that mayy help a bit and other than that i dont know i need to winter prooff the $$$$$$ thing its bad with cold starts as it is oh and ill upgrade the baterie to one of thos six pack design ones
                              but ill basicly just do what ever i can give it time to warm up and keep it in my heated garage as much as possible but who knows if ill even get that bad of a winter here in alberta plus i wont be driving to much i have lost my liscense lol when i get it bak i get to install a blower on it great mod eh tho i may just put the blower on my dodge
                              but ill mostly use winter to do up my ride even more i still havent put on the mods i got so ill the cold and no liscnce as an excuse to mod

Comment

Working...
                              X