18" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" wheels

hi all. i have a chance of buying some new 18" wheels and tyres for my surf does anyone know if they will fit ok the tyre size what come with the wheels are 285/60/18 ........ graham

Are you sure a 60 profile tyre with an 18" rim will fit???

Bearing in mind, the factory fit is either 75 or 10.5 on a 15" rim....I guess the addition of 1.5" diameter and a slightly smaller profile may even out a bit, it could still be a squeeze, particulaly on steering to lock??? Don't know (but I would consider the cost of mew tyres and as I take my Surf off road a lot, I'd need to know I wouldn't wreck the rims..)
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i think its 50 or 55 series with those wheels dude
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

no they have 285/60/18 tyres on them already. iam not sure if they will be ok thats why i have put a thread on this forum to see if anyone else knows

Comment

Originally posted by gra
          does anyone know if they will fit ok
          Hello,

You need to check how much offset the new rims have.

Offset. If you laid the rim on the floor, face up, offset is the depth to where the bolts fit. This depth can vary significantly between different rims.

Changing the offset will seriously affect lock to lock, rubbing etc etc
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

if the 18" wheels are pants what size would be ok the surf is on tarmac most of its life

Comment

Those 18 inch tyres have a rolling radius of 399.6, circumference of 2510.76.

My 265/70 16's, which are (pretty much) the max size to go on a standard suspensioned Surf, are 388.7 and 2442.27, so, I reckon that they'll be too big, unless you've got a suspension lift.

And this doesn't take into the offset of the wheels..
              It just does, OK?

Comment

thanks everyone for your advise i think i will stick with some 15" or 16" after market wheels.. its a shame there no good they looked awsome up against the car....

Comment

How about these?
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by gra
                    thanks everyone for your advise i think i will stick with some 15" or 16" after market wheels.. its a shame there no good they looked awsome up against the car....
                    Deegz is the one to ask when it comes to, erm............, alternative, in some
                    way, tyre and wheel choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X