disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointed

got my parts i ordered from roughtrax really disappointed with the quality !!!!!!!carbon effect headlamp guard drivers side nice and snug passenger side so sloppy it could be made of semolina clear side repeaters both chipped in same place obviously a manafacturing fault just tried the rear light guards and clear rear lights they dont fit, no gap around rear light ferking hell my neighbour was $$$$ing himself laughing wathing me try to bend the metal to screw it up, to be completely honest the original lights on my surf are a 1000 times better made ,
    ferk it the lot can go back , if i bought these of fleabay i wouldnt have been suprised when i opened the box but roughtrax !!!!!!
    taiwan at there worst
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Originally posted by joker??
    got my parts i ordered from roughtrax really disappointed with the quality !!!!!!!carbon effect headlamp guard drivers side nice and snug passenger side so sloppy it could be made of semolina clear side repeaters both chipped in same place obviously a manafacturing fault just tried the rear light guards and clear rear lights they dont fit, no gap around rear light ferking hell my neighbour was $$$$ing himself laughing wathing me try to bend the metal to screw it up, to be completely honest the original lights on my surf are a 1000 times better made ,
    ferk it the lot can go back , if i bought these of fleabay i wouldnt have been suprised when i opened the box but roughtrax !!!!!!
    taiwan at there worst

Shame, They will all be made in China for shirt buttons. I for one would rather pay a far higher price for quality and know they are well made. I work in manufacturing visiting hundreds of uk manufacturing plants and the quality of the chinese stuff is awful by comparrison but cheap as chips.

Sad

I have heard folks tell that these clear lights go bad if used with standard bulbs!!!!!!!! so they must be utter garbage to say the least.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

didnt expect such poor quality thats why i bought offf roughtrax and not fleabay, oh well you live and learn ,
      ps my missus wont buy me the steering wheel from them now , damn !!!!!

Comment

Those rear light guards are not the best quality at all, mine went rusty in 2 weeks, but they fitted alright.
        My biggest disapointment were the 2" lift springs I got , they look excellent till you put 10 bags of pea shingle in the back and weigh them down, but when you take the load out again , your surf's got a saggy rear end
        Deffo going to milners for the landcruiser springs next time.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
          Shame, They will all be made in China for shirt buttons. I for one would rather pay a far higher price for quality and know they are well made.
          Same here. At least you know you only have to buy it once.

Sympathies on the lights, Dave. One would expect better from them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
            Those rear light guards are not the best quality at all, mine went rusty in 2 weeks, but they fitted alright.
            My biggest disapointment were the 2" lift springs I got , they look excellent till you put 10 bags of pea shingle in the back and weigh them down, but when you take the load out again , your surf's got a saggy rear end

Andy.
            I'm glad i aint the only onedissapointed in their 2"lift springs i put them on mine with es3000 shocks and it never looked any differant even up against standard surfs.Rang and spoke to Barry and he said they were the right springs and that was it.I might go for the L/Cruiser springs myself next time
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

didnt expect such poor quality thats why i bought offf roughtrax and not fleabay, oh well you live and learn ,
              ps my missus wont buy me the steering wheel from them now , damn !!!!!
              Bought the missus a pair of 'lexus' rear lights from eBay at £56 the pair. Top notch quality, excellent fit and a year on look as crystal clear as they did when new. Cant knock eBay all the time.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass

Andy.
                whats pea shingle.....?
                the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Sorry to hear this Dave, You'd think it would be better from roughtrax!! They could'nt be bothered to email me back about some wheel nuts though so i can believe it, cheap imported stuff sold expensively and made of substantard metal, prob accounts for the springs sagging in no time at all,
                  Get yer money back Dave!!!
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by deegz
                    whats pea shingle.....?
                    like normal shingle, but only the size of peas.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Bought the missus a pair of 'lexus' rear lights from eBay at £56 the pair. Top notch quality, excellent fit and a year on look as crystal clear as they did when new. Cant knock eBay all the time.
                      not knocking fleabay bought some stuff myself
                      but everyone was warning against buying the lights,
                      now got to find a place that does top quality products, anyone any ideas ???

Comment

not knocking fleabay bought some stuff myself
                        but everyone was warning against buying the lights,
                        now got to find a place that does top quality products, anyone any ideas ???
                        LA Supertrux?

I know nothing of them, except they sell that sort of stuff. Have you called Roughtrax though? You might have just been unlucky, you never know...

Comment

unlucky nahhhhh dont think so it was all tat looked at la trux aint got the lights i like +£120 ,
                          cheers for the pointer though

Comment

tony has some on his site
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

you must have been reading my mind just been on there
                              have to give him a call will he have any energy left to answer the phone ????

anyone got the clear lights off tony ??????

Comment

Working...
                              X