Aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before you go into halfrauds...
    they now do a trade card. if you go in with a bit of headed paper or a wage slip that proves you are a trade customer they give you a card that gets you loads off oils, spares and such like. worth a try...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind

halfords will most likely sell this product http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=7&PID=226 they stock alot of products from this company.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        before you go into halfrauds...
        they now do a trade card. if you go in with a bit of headed paper or a wage slip that proves you are a trade customer they give you a card that gets you loads off oils, spares and such like. worth a try...

Does that mean trade as in car/motor or any trader. Not that there will be any left by the time I get there...probably be some tout outside flogging 'em for 80 quid....

BTW, hows the roof-rack thing goin'. I was gonna enter myself but could hear cries of FIX! even from here!
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

shab get your name down! i couldnt fix this one if i tried!
          i think its anyone in the motor trade but i cant imagine it would be hard to outwit a member of staff....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            shab get your name down! i couldnt fix this one if i tried!
            i think its anyone in the motor trade but i cant imagine it would be hard to outwit a member of staff....
            Yeah...just ask them their name/age while you're filling out the form...

Put me down for the rackie then...

Cheers,

Shab.
            Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
              halfords will most likely sell this product http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=7&PID=226 they stock alot of products from this company.

If you look at the link on my first post, you will see that the stuff I used is made by the same company. I'm SO glad I did mine. It's nice to get home chilled instead of roasted.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                Thanks for the info m8 but mine is a r12 so cannot mix the two.

Took it down to our local aircon guy today and he reckons £120 min to do the job plus vat

Comment

I got quoted £50 pund for a drop and refill with 134a stuff
                  What comes around goes around!!

Comment

1992 surf - halfrauds gas no go

guys, went to halfrauds today, bought the topup kit on the offchance it would fit my '92 smurf.
                    nope.
                    the fitting is the wrong size. they refunded me instantly, as all i did was see if it fitted. in the carpark outside the door!
                    going to an aircon man 2morrow (ooh! 2day actually its half past midnight already)
                    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Sounds like you've got the old R12 system. You're gonna need new fittings, maybe seals and the new gass. It could add up to around £100.

p.s. it's ten to one now!

Comment

http://www.id-usa.com/video/redo/fullvideo-high.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
                          for £80, you can have a full aircon service, instead of just throwing new gas on top of old, which will cause faster deteriation of the gas. Besides, I see your beast is a 1992. Are you sure it's not an R12 system? (Which is now a banned substance!) If it is you'll need a retro kit fitting, so that you can use R134a. My advice is get it checked out by an expert. I see you're in Leicestershire, where abouts? Anywhere near Northants border? If you need a good guy to have a look at it, give me a shout. Got a great guy down here. He services my aircon every 3 years, No problems at all with it

That seems a good price. I actually live in leicester but I wouldn't mind travelling seeing as you recommend this guy personally. Could you send me his number/address. My email is ferretmanabu@hotmail.com

Comment

So if the top up gas (134a) fits the aircon on the car, then its got 134a in it and not r12?
                            What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Working...
                            X