Aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon

After the guy who was supposed to re-gas my aircon fu*cked it up I have been roasting like chesnuts on an open fire since the weather turned hot. So I thought I would check out the aircon refills that Halfrauds do. I bought a cylinder of R134A which is mixed with oil and system cleaner, and comes with a gauge so you know how much is in there. I plugged it into the Low pressure port, and looked at the gauge, nothing!!! No pressure at all. So with the engine running and aircon switched on, I started to fill it up. After using the whole lot, there was still lots of bubbles in the tank with the window, so decided to buy another one.

The aircon gobbled up nearly ANOTHER cylinders worth. This guy must have drained my aircon dry. But after spending £80 on two bottles of R134A my aircon now has no bubbles in, is nice and full and boy does that make a difference. The low pressure pipe was SO cold it frosted up at one point and my aircon is now like a blast of Siberian wind.......... Fantastic...

So if your aircon isn't that good, get one of these bottles. It definitely makes a big difference....

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...ctorCatalogId=
    Last edited by M35A2; 14 July 2006, 12:12.

Cool .

Comment

Ice-uspect that you have started something here m8
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Music/ltmu_001.wav

Comment

How would you go about using the halfords refil? Is it an easy diy job?

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
            Threads like this leave me cold. He deserves a frosty reception. S'no joke.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

How good is the air conditioning on the surfs supposed to be?

My surf has a/c controls and everything works but compared to my dad's audi, the surf a/c doesn't do anything. Could this just be due to low gas levels?
              for £80, you can have a full aircon service, instead of just throwing new gas on top of old, which will cause faster deteriation of the gas. Besides, I see your beast is a 1992. Are you sure it's not an R12 system? (Which is now a banned substance!) If it is you'll need a retro kit fitting, so that you can use R134a. My advice is get it checked out by an expert. I see you're in Leicestershire, where abouts? Anywhere near Northants border? If you need a good guy to have a look at it, give me a shout. Got a great guy down here. He services my aircon every 3 years, No problems at all with it
              Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu

Mine was easy to do as it's an R134A system. All you do is plug the aircon socket into the low pressure port while the aircon is running and push the button. It's that easy. But check yours is R134A first.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
                  for £80, you can have a full aircon service, instead of just throwing new gas on top of old, which will cause faster deteriation of the gas. Besides, I see your beast is a 1992. Are you sure it's not an R12 system? (Which is now a banned substance!) If it is you'll need a retro kit fitting, so that you can use R134a. My advice is get it checked out by an expert. I see you're in Leicestershire, where abouts? Anywhere near Northants border? If you need a good guy to have a look at it, give me a shout. Got a great guy down here. He services my aircon every 3 years, No problems at all with it

The guy who did mine used a proper machine to suck it all out through the high pressure port. The trouble is he did it in the winter when it was zero degrees, so it never filled the system up properly. So in my case the gas I put in was new. I could have got it done at Toyota for £89. I know the guy who did it didn't fill it up enough and thought one bottle would be enough. But it took two. If I'd had known that I would have had it done professionally again.

But who cares. I now have nice cold aircon. In this temperature it's got to be worth the money.

Comment

how do you know if its R12 or R134A ????

Comment

Originally posted by Granville
                      how do you know if its R12 or R134A ????

The aircon ports should look like this on a R134A system. There should be a sticker on/near the aircon pump/front grill area telling you what it is. Here are two pictures of mine showing you where they are. Hope this helps?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

It's a...........................

Clean Engine Bay - WHERE'S the mud ???????

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Has ayone any experience of this product for r12 systems
                          http://www.car-air-conditioning-supp...cat=276&page=1

or this
                          http://www.car-air-conditioning-supp...cat=276&page=1

Comment

did mine today used 1/4 of a tin . aircon is freezing now. check out this link.

http://www.id-usa.com/how_to_videos.asp

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                              The aircon ports should look like this on a R134A system. There should be a sticker on/near the aircon pump/front grill area telling you what it is. Here are two pictures of mine showing you where they are. Hope this helps?

Thanks for the pics, now for the worst bit...the Monkey Shop.
                              Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Working...
                              X