No announcement yet.

Is the world cup over yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help thinking that watching sport is no substitute for actually DOING it .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Yes BUT F1 live what a sound......when you hear it you will i know i have been there
      (still shameless about winning tickets)
      Last edited by Woodzie; 25 June 2006, 20:54.
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

There's NOTHING in F1 that compares to the sound of a Ducati at full chat !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by s2-wolf
          Personally I love it when an England game is on tv. I can drive on quiet roads and browse in empty shops - very civilized

That's exactly what I did this afternoon, just drove around, hardly a car in sight...brilliant.

Having said that, I can't wait 'till it's over, I run my own business and trade has been really poor for the last couple of weeks...I was talking to the chap who does my MOT's and he said even his business was effected...
          Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Pah, what a bunch of old women!

The footie is great! I'm worried about what I'm gonna do when the world cup is finished in two weeks... Oh yeah, pre-season games, and then into the new season!

"Liiiiiiiiiverrrrrrrpoooool!!! !!... Liiiiiiiiiverrrrrrrpoooool!!!! !..."

(As for cricket, haven't got the time. Too busy, I have some paint to watch drying)
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

I can't help thinking that watching sport is no substitute for actually DOING it .....

if they don't watch it they aren't going to get interested in it though because compared to when i was a kid, it seems that parents neither have the time or inclination to teach their children sport and the schools no longer make them take part.

i still play football and come from a family of sports people, my brother up from me was an amazing player and was always in the local papers from the age of 14 and was at fulham academy (although it wasn't as big then as it is now) but had nearly 2 years out after a compound fracture which pretty much screwed any big chances for him, but he still played semi-pro for a year before quitting and just played sunday league until last year (at 38 his old bones cant hack it now!!) my younger brother has played semi-pro for fleet spurs in goal and i have a nephew who is playing semi pro for ash and another who is at aldershot youth.

all of us are into sport and none of us are fat lard @rses because of it.

i can't understand how or why people would be negative about anything, sport or otherwise, that gets kids doing something pro-active, each year they are closing scout halls and social clubs because the kids have no interest in anything that requires getting away from a street corner or a playstation, but when the world cup, wimbledon or even the ashes last year finished there was a massive influx of sport take up.

if taught responsibily then all sports will install a massive sense of discipline, respect and self worth in these kids which will only be better for society as a whole.

so how can you still be annoyed with the world cup, if you don't want to watch it, turn over the channel, buy satellite tv, go for a drive or whatever.
              Last edited by logey79; 25 June 2006, 20:56.
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

There's NOTHING in F1 that compares to the sound of a Ducati at full chat !

I was driving a rally prepped Evo 8 yesterday on tarmac. Now *that* is a nice sound! The 911 didn't stand a chance, wimp!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The way this is going i am off to find a big puddle of mud on the plain to play in ....Its raining here so i might find one thats more intresting than football
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    The way this is going i am off to find a big puddle of mud on the plain to play in ....Its raining here so i might find one thats more intresting than football
                    they're a good band, get some autographs if they're there will you?!?!?

not sure they'll let you play with them though.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                      they're a good band, get some autographs if they're there will you?!?!?

not sure they'll let you play with them though.

There album was COME CLEAN something that i could never do in a surf
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

There album was COME CLEAN something that i could never do in a surf
                        big contradiction in more than 1 way!!!

Comment

I wish it would finish cos im fed up of having to put ear defenders on with the moron next door shouting at the tv thinking he is a better footballer than them....Im also fed up of ringing the local painter and decorator up to watch his paint dry....

Not only have you got Wimbledon next week you also have a good walk wasted with the toffs and those long handled Bats.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh give me intelligent TV any day thank god for Mythbusters
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                            big contradiction in more than 1 way!!!
                            DID I MENTION SILVERSTONE
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

DID I MENTION SILVERSTONE
                              F*** O** @&^%*$ and $$$$* how long you gonna rub the salt in for $££* sake you jammy git!!!!!

BTW, did you watch today?

why was R.schumacher allowed to continue, he cost villeneuve because of his marble shifting, there should be some ruling in place that makes the teams pull a car off if it has severe handling problems through mechanical breakdown.

it is unlikely it was tyres is it

Comment

Do not know but i agree RSC should have been blacked flaged as although the circuit is also a cart track its still dangerous to hit the wall

And i am still shameless about going ...wouldn't you be
                                Last edited by Woodzie; 25 June 2006, 21:34.
                                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                                X