No announcement yet.

New MOT, Revenue weight 3.0ltr ssrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if we can convince HMC+E that they are commercial then I got a whole lot of VAT due back!!!! and full tax alowance against the business
    But unfortunately both them and I Revinue will not acept Surfs as commercial
    wot a bummer!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

mine is a double cab pickup and that's still a class 4! got my MOT today (failed 1st time, but that another story) got certificate in my hand, design gross weight just left blank.
      Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        Hey TJG. Tell me more about the series three you have. Is it ex-Military?
        Tis an ex Military 88" 1973 one, but much messed with and looking every second of its 33 years. You would only know it was ever military because of the fire extinguisher and the plate on the bulkhead. It has lost its tilt and has a hardtop now with safari roof rack & ladder. Interestingly when poking around underneath I found the original build sheet tucked into one of the rear floor stiffners whic revealed that it was a FFR and gave the contract number it was supplied under as well as the original spec. As you can imagine it wasn't entirely legible and was in a few bits after all those years.

I got it 2 years ago with a brand new spanking galv chassis fitted the year before. Had a stroke of luck it conked out on the test drive! That gave me bargaining power, they fixed it (new condenser) and as it had been up for sale for 3 weeks and I was the only caller + the seller was loaded and would probably lose in loose change running for the bus what I paid everyone was happy.

In that time it has never let me down, sailed through one MOT & needed a headlight & brakelight switch fpr the other (cost £7). I have just stuck on new door tops, overhauled the brakes and replaced the rad. On saturday its a handbrake overhaul and maybe new footwells as I'm sure the MOT man won't like the fact that you can admire the tarmac under it as you drive along.

I have an ache for something a bit more military though, my mind keeps wandering towards a 101 or even a better a Stalwart.....but where to keep it and how to shift it around....details...details!

I assume you are an affecianado yourself then?
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Ah, now a 4x4 with a trailer being used for commercial purposes has to be fitted with a tachograph! This is because it is classed as a goods vehicle or goods vehicle combination with a gross weight in excess of 3500kg (i.e. driving licence class C1+E).

Not sure how this translates into MOT requrements though as the vehicle when being used commercially is obviously filling the rôle of a commercial vehicle, but with a 2-ton caravan on the back it would not be, and incidentally it wouldn't need a tachograph to be fitted, or need any tacho that was fitted to be used.

Don't remember the RangeRover being MOTd as anything other than a car, and that used to pull 4T (although we removed the tachograph before each MOT. Can't remember why ).

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
            Tis an ex Military 88" 1973 one, but much messed with and looking every second of its 33 years. You would only know it was ever military because of the fire extinguisher and the plate on the bulkhead. It has lost its tilt and has a hardtop now with safari roof rack & ladder. Interestingly when poking around underneath I found the original build sheet tucked into one of the rear floor stiffners whic revealed that it was a FFR and gave the contract number it was supplied under as well as the original spec. As you can imagine it wasn't entirely legible and was in a few bits after all those years.

I got it 2 years ago with a brand new spanking galv chassis fitted the year before. Had a stroke of luck it conked out on the test drive! That gave me bargaining power, they fixed it (new condenser) and as it had been up for sale for 3 weeks and I was the only caller + the seller was loaded and would probably lose in loose change running for the bus what I paid everyone was happy.

In that time it has never let me down, sailed through one MOT & needed a headlight & brakelight switch fpr the other (cost £7). I have just stuck on new door tops, overhauled the brakes and replaced the rad. On saturday its a handbrake overhaul and maybe new footwells as I'm sure the MOT man won't like the fact that you can admire the tarmac under it as you drive along.

I have an ache for something a bit more military though, my mind keeps wandering towards a 101 or even a better a Stalwart.....but where to keep it and how to shift it around....details...details!

I assume you are an affecianado yourself then?

Nice.

As you can see by the vehicles I own, I own two ex military Land Rovers. I have also previously owned a 24v Lightweight. I have been into the ex military vehicle scene now for 16 years and am well known on the circuit. My 8 years in the Army also gave me a top rate knowledge of military vehicles.

A 101 Forward Control would be a good vehicle to get, as long as it's either an Ambulance or Radio bodied version. The cargo varients are in abundence. A good swimming Alvis Stalwart will set you back a lot of money, and as they run a Rolls Royce B80 petrol engine, you would need the cash to run it.

Give me the contract number and military reg of your vehicle and I will see if I can find out any info for you. My best mate can find out the history for you if you cross his palm with some money (£10 I think).

Comment

Just been reading this http://www.glencoyne.co.uk/motclass.htm as the MOT on the Landy has run out. WHen I looked sure enough my little SWB landy has a revenue weight of 3488kg!Which would of course flatten it! I'll be amaneding my V5 PDQ.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                Nice.

As you can see by the vehicles I own, I own two ex military Land Rovers. I have also previously owned a 24v Lightweight. I have been into the ex military vehicle scene now for 16 years and am well known on the circuit. My 8 years in the Army also gave me a top rate knowledge of military vehicles.

A 101 Forward Control would be a good vehicle to get, as long as it's either an Ambulance or Radio bodied version. The cargo varients are in abundence. A good swimming Alvis Stalwart will set you back a lot of money, and as they run a Rolls Royce B80 petrol engine, you would need the cash to run it.

Give me the contract number and military reg of your vehicle and I will see if I can find out any info for you. My best mate can find out the history for you if you cross his palm with some money (£10 I think).
                Believe it or not just after I bought it I was poking around underneath and saw someting sticking out of one of the stiffners under the rear floor. I wriggled it out and found it was a floded up bit of card, a little bit of "time team" type unfolding revealed the original build sheet! I will have to dig it out and find out the contract number and military reg and find out the history.

Comment

Working...
                X