Oil Catcher !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Catcher !!!!!

just bought a oil catcher and fitted it which is fine but noticed a fair bit of smoke coming from the filter on top of it is this normal ??
    one of the filters is fitted is fitted to the intake (turbo ???)is that right ??
    cheers
    Last edited by joker??; 20 June 2006, 20:36.
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Hey Joker,
    Is that to stop the oil getting into the air system?..my 2.4 is peeing oil round the Turbo and the inlet manifold..
    Have you fitted that to in line of the breather pipe that goes to the AIR box???..

ta mate

Comment

its from the breather pipe off the engine ,
      its to stop oil going into turbo
      sh#t what do i know ??

Comment

Looks good m8
        Seen em on e-bay
        kev.
        Regards
        Kev.
        2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
          Looks good m8
          Seen em on e-bay
          kev.
          got it from ratsport they do stuff for classics etc ,20 minutes down the road

Comment

smokey filter

the filter/oil catcher looks the buisness, the smoke you are talking about is probably oil vapour being pushed through the filter. The best way to confirm this is to place a white rag over the filter and go for a blast in the Surf. When you get back, have a look at the rag if it is smoke it will be dry black residue. If it is vapourised oil the rag will feel slimy. I think there is a good chance this is normal, but not having a fancy catcher, I am only guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by chasharman
              the filter/oil catcher looks the buisness, the smoke you are talking about is probably oil vapour being pushed through the filter. The best way to confirm this is to place a white rag over the filter and go for a blast in the Surf. When you get back, have a look at the rag if it is smoke it will be dry black residue. If it is vapourised oil the rag will feel slimy. I think there is a good chance this is normal, but not having a fancy catcher, I am only guessing.
              cheers chasarman tried the tissue test ie put white tisssue over with elastic band and run it , no black residue well pleased with the look of it so hopefully all is well cheers dave

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                got it from ratsport they do stuff for classics etc ,20 minutes down the road
                dave how much are they?

Stu
                http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

its from the breather pipe off the engine ,
                  its to stop oil going into turbo
                  sh#t what do i know ??
                  I have an oil catcher installed on my surf but there are no filters (apart from whats in the can) it goes between the breather out of the rocker box to the pipe to the Turbo. Can in top right of pic
                  Attached Files
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

RatSport stu cost £60 + i think about £7 for another filter to go on the the turbo
                    Unit 3
                    White Hart Road
                    Plumstead
                    London
                    SE18 1DH
                    United Kingdom

Phone: 020 88544777
                    Fax: 020 88542404
                    taliesins this one does away with having anything go to the turbo
                    Last edited by joker??; 21 June 2006, 12:08.

Comment

taliesins this one does away with having anything go to the turbo[/QUOTE]

I dont quite understand that, if nothing goes to the turbo why not just disconnect the pipe to the turbo. and have the breather from the engine drain off somewhere, I am new to turbos so do not fully understand. Could you explain?
                      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins

I dont quite understand that, if nothing goes to the turbo why not just disconnect the pipe to the turbo. and have the breather from the engine drain off somewhere, I am new to turbos so do not fully understand. Could you explain? [/QUOTE]

sorry didnt explain myself properly
                        still got air filter going into turbo, and have a pipe with air filter where the breather pipe used to go into the turbo (understand you have to have a filter or something to stop sh#t going into turbo)
                        have a pipe from breather (engine ) into oil catch,if you just have it into engine bay oil fumes will come into car
                        you are new to turbos !!! i am new to engines ,turbos and anything mechanical lol
                        there is nothing wrong with the way you have done yours was going the same route but got this idea of vince ie bushwacker

Comment

Comment

RatSport stu cost £60 + i think about £7 for another filter to go on the the turbo
                            Unit 3
                            White Hart Road
                            Plumstead
                            London
                            SE18 1DH
                            United Kingdom

Phone: 020 88544777
                            Fax: 020 88542404
                            Cheers m8

Stu
                            http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Working...
                            X