Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Wallop Kite Festival this weekend

Or Flexiwallop 2 if you want.

Anyone going? Linda and I are running the bar again like usual, Come and say 'Hi' and buy lots of beer!!

http://www.flexifoil.com/flexiwallop/

Looks like its gonna be a little wet on Saturday, OK on Sunday but plenty on wind!!!!!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

hello tony!

i'm heading up there as soon as my truck gets fixed (see 2.4thread...) i didnt know you and linda were kiters...i'll be sure to say hello at the bar tonight if i get there

i fly advance kites - i'll be taking the one in this pic - thats at the skypark down in cornwall which we opened last july. well i'll see you there!

problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

I`m selling all my gear at the moment,no where decent to fly round here now that we car`nt use lytham anymore

No point having 2 grands worth of kites and buggys lying around doin nowt
      Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
        I`m selling all my gear at the moment,no where decent to fly round here now that we car`nt use lytham anymore

No point having 2 grands worth of kites and buggys lying around doin nowt
        its grossly unfair the way councils slap banns and bylaws restricting our leisure pursuits - especially when its something as inoffensive as kiting! no wonder theres an obesity crisis in this country - we cant do anything fun anymore

jackster i sympathise greatly with you there mate. how far are you from the north wales beaches...prestatyn?
        problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

we've got son's birthday this weekend... i'm not attending but the boys will be useless all weekend...... ...

not that they are much better any other time !!!

mad clubs and substances no doubt
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

tonyn i've got ticket no. 640 - thats for camping - reckon you can double that amount of people with the day tickets, and then add a load more for those that will come but not use the traction field, perhaps 1500-2000 people in a field in hampshire all drinking swamp donkey cider!

monday looks sort of breezy and a bit dryer too - bonus
            problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhooked
              its grossly unfair the way councils slap banns and bylaws restricting our leisure pursuits - especially when its something as inoffensive as kiting! no wonder theres an obesity crisis in this country - we cant do anything fun anymore

jackster i sympathise greatly with you there mate. how far are you from the north wales beaches...prestatyn?

According to google 103 mi (about 2 hours 46 mins)
              Stella Artois

Comment

Hopefully you`ll all come back from Middle Wallop all excited and pay far too much for this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
                Stella Artois

Comment

i've done me neck in, and i'm skint. why does something always happen a few days before this do?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sorry guys, I'll be in France - but Wallop would be a lot less hassle for me - I could ride the 5 miles on my bike ....

Enjoy it anyway !!!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I didn't knoiw there were fellow kiters on here!!

Its far too far for me to come and i'd be useless anyway. Got myself a flexifoil super 10 last year and love it on my dads farm, lots of open fields and cow pats to land in. Sadly i've got the balance skills of bambi on ice, so never had a go at the boarding aspect, just enjoy getting airborn (which isn't often enough considering i'm about 17 1/2 stone!). Think of getting another super10 and stacking them to get lift off, any ideas?

Oh and here's some footage of me flyin it on my dads field, it wasn't really windy enough, but as you can see, my mums gsd loves it!!

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...2250914cf2a060

cheers,

Mart
                      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                        I didn't knoiw there were fellow kiters on here!!

Its far too far for me to come and i'd be useless anyway. Got myself a flexifoil super 10 last year and love it on my dads farm, lots of open fields and cow pats to land in. Sadly i've got the balance skills of bambi on ice, so never had a go at the boarding aspect, just enjoy getting airborn (which isn't often enough considering i'm about 17 1/2 stone!). Think of getting another super10 and stacking them to get lift off, any ideas?

Oh and here's some footage of me flyin it on my dads field, it wasn't really windy enough, but as you can see, my mums gsd loves it!!

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...2250914cf2a060

cheers,

Mart

Yeah, ditch the stackers and get a four line kite.Flexifoil blade 4.9 meter, or something like that.Most kitey people would not advise that for a first kite but you`ll be alright if your a biggish chap.

I`ve got a 9 meter blade by flexifoil, that could tow the surf
                        Stella Artois

Comment

true. no point building up stacks these days - blades are good lifters - you may find the 6.6m b3 a bit more floaty and less aggressive than the 4.9m

crossfires are cheap lifters too - the 6.3m is very well balanced

in a few months you'll probably want to go the depower route, get a board on your feet and get some haaaaaangtiiiiiime

problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

when are you ladies going to stop messing about buying kites, and start making them???
                            got a man lifting delta....
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              when are you ladies going to stop messing about buying kites, and start making them???
                              got a man lifting delta....
                              lol! deltas indeed! now i'm sure they are mightily capable...but you cant beat swiss paraglider construction

here follows a picture of 'lift'....

problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X