No announcement yet.

Middle Wallop Kite Festival this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i made a 4m parapente canopy copy but the rigging is a bit tricky... the delta is really good for letting other people have ago!!!!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I'd love a "proper" one, but seen as how the missus went nuts when i spent £110 on the super10, i don't think i can get away with buying a big s$$$$y four line jobbie.

If i can get another super10 to stack, will i notice a difference?

Mart
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

I have a 3M PKD Buster that drags me around local fields. I haven't got around to playing on boards or buggys yet, but a shiny tray was fun on the snow.

I have an assorted collection of fourteen kites of which half are home built.

I use a Conyne (French Military) kite to lift my wire aerials for the 80M and 160M ham bands.

I'll have to get the sewing machine out again. I fancy a 9ft Double Delta-Conyne for lifting things.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

I recently won a blade III with a carbon fibre air deck... Gotta say i love the kite for skudding on wet football fields. Trying to get the hang of the board but not much luck yet...

Comment

Too late! Was down there earlier this week playing with a helicopter.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i'll be working....bugg*r

Comment

what a weekend! got back 2 hours ago - sunburnt and aching from a weekends boarding. kipped in the back of the truck for 3 days, surprisingly comfortable!

met linda and tony, they were running the bar! was great to be able to chat about surfs to them for a bit, its taking over the kiting for me i think...so i'm planning to get to some surf meets this year...

there was a home video showing on a 40ft screen on sunday night, very friendly atmosphere, and on monday morning they had us all litter picking before we could kite. great weekend, weather was good too

problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Was a great weekend, only downside was I never to got to play as the bar was busy, but had fun, nice to meet Skyhooked, and fill him full off beer!

He looked pretty pi$$ed on Sunday night............

Apache, the choppers where still playing on Friday as we were setting up, was really cool, I think they where trying to hook the Marquee frame on the end of the skids!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts

Its far too far for me to come
                    There are people who fly in from Europe for Middle Wallop. Its the world's biggest Traction Kite festival. 800 acres of grass, etc etc.

Cheshire is only 3 hours!!!

Was great to meet Skyhooked, and chat some about surfs - hope to meet up again at a few meets.

There was another surf there - but didn't get to say hi to that guy as he was off buggying.

I'm a bit $$$$ed I never managed to ffly all weekend - but was just far too knackered!

Last edited by Linda; 30 May 2006, 11:43.
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X