Toyota Recall For Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
    I have sent a email to Toyota Europe and Toyota Japan and told them that i will take it to trading standards not that it would do any good anyway
    Hi Richard
    there are three questions that TUK and the dealer need to be able to answer.
    1. "If the recall work had been done to a satisfactory and safe standard initially, would I have to return my vehicle to the dealership to have sub standard work rectified?"I cannot see that they can answer anything but NO.
    2. "Therefore whos fault and responsibillity is it that I now find that I have to loose wages, do unplanned mileage, spend valuable time to have rectification work carried?"it has to be one of them because they are the 2 involved parties
    3. "Can you explain and justify why, when I can not have any responsibillity or input for the standard of workmanship carried out on my vehicle should I be expected to bear the cost and inconvenience of rectification?"
    Remember mate, the law is on your side. The sale of goods act also has a bits about fit for the purpose, merchantable quality, as described, due care, professional standards ect even though the service was refered to as warentee work and it was at no cost to you.
    have a look at www.tradingstandards.gov.uk bit heavy but tells you all you need to know!
    Good luck
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

• funny enough that is basically what i asked them and who is responsible for the damage.I mean nearly 4 weeks to get 2 rubbers is a bloomin joke and i still aint done the bash plate yet but that can wait.
      Thanks for your help Tony
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
        funny enough that is basically what i asked them and who is responsible for the damage.I mean nearly 4 weeks to get 2 rubbers is a bloomin joke and i still aint done the bash plate yet but that can wait.
        Thanks for your help Tony
        My pleasure...it's nice to be able to 'put a bit back in' to the forum!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

• mrs joker phoned jemca (toyota)to ask about safety check she spoke to mechanic who done my truck said they should have give me the sheet when collected truck and they will send it on to me , he also commented how clean it was underneath and inside says it was the best he'd seen
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
            Got my email tuesday.... booked in at pentagon... tomorrow!(friday)

arranged a courtesy car.... wonder if i will get some bubbly ?

at least it will be done.

Stu
            Hi Stu

How did your recall work go at Pentagon how long did it take, did you need/get a loan car and did you get any "extras", valet etc?
            Got my letter from Toyota GB today telling me to book mine in at earliest convenience.

Cheers
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by paulh
              Hi Stu

How did your recall work go at Pentagon how long did it take, did you need/get a loan car and did you get any "extras", valet etc?
              Got my letter from Toyota GB today telling me to book mine in at earliest convenience.

Cheers
              Hi m8, sorry not posted it... forgot... It was cool... i dropped it in am and picked it up at 4pm nicely wash and vacuum'd... all seems well with it.. apart from that no champers.... or flowers ....

arranged a courtesy car through them .... cost £5 for the insurance....

nice bloke behind the counter though who drives a suzi 4x4 with a huge lift..from www.ncgl.org ...

hope this helps m8...

Stu
              http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

• Thanks Stu

I'll give them a bell tomorrow and get it booked in.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by UDTrev
                  Well Hippo has been done

She also got a scrub up yes a CLEAN Hippo !!!!

She got a 39 point safety check too - ho hum two advisories and this is where the muppets slipped, they had her steering in bits, if they had called me would have gave em permission to do my weeping steering damper.

Overall glad the recall has been done, will be calling Toyota to thank em tomorrow, but glad to hand that Yaris back

Trev
                  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now I have had a recall letter to go and get Hippo done - have Toyota hired the Tardis ???

Trev (confused of HH)
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

• Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now I have had a recall letter to go and get Hippo done - have Toyota hired the Tardis ???

Trev (confused of HH)
                    LMAO so did i registered post no less........

Stu

Comment

Thanks Stu

I'll give them a bell tomorrow and get it booked in.

Cheers
                      paul, have you had this done yet?? did you get it done @ penagon toyota rotherham?? if so how did you find there service?? still waiting for my letter.. i might get in touch wiv toyota europe again and see wots happening!!

theres a toyota up your way int there?? nr hillsborough? i havnt much to say about there service though you been there b4??
                      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

• Originally posted by slim
                        paul, have you had this done yet?? did you get it done @ penagon toyota rotherham?? if so how did you find there service?? still waiting for my letter.. i might get in touch wiv toyota europe again and see wots happening!!

theres a toyota up your way int there?? nr hillsborough? i havnt much to say about there service though you been there b4??
                        Taking it in on Monday to Hillsborough, Amethyst has already had his done there and is happy enough with the work, so better the devil someone knows.
                        Spoke to them on the phone they seem pretty clued up on it and seem nice enough chaps. And a loan car for the day.

Paul

Comment

Taking it in on Monday to Hillsborough, Amethyst has already had his done there and is happy enough with the work, so better the devil someone knows.
                          Spoke to them on the phone they seem pretty clued up on it and seem nice enough chaps. And a loan car for the day.
                          Yup i had no probs with them.... i did get a follow up call to see if all went ok aswell from them... nice peeps....

Stu

Comment

yeah ya right m8! im not knocking it! i just had a bad experience there once....
                            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                            X