No announcement yet.

Toyota Recall For Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just this minute email Jane as my Surf is also one of the ones that need the work.
    I will keep you informed on what type of reply I get plus the time scale involved.

Cheers

Phil

Comment

Well Hippo has been done

She also got a scrub up yes a CLEAN Hippo !!!!

She got a 39 point safety check too - ho hum two advisories and this is where the muppets slipped, they had her steering in bits, if they had called me would have gave em permission to do my weeping steering damper.

Overall glad the recall has been done, will be calling Toyota to thank em tomorrow, but glad to hand that Yaris back

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Bl--dy Parklands Toyota

Just had a look at the new part they fitted and the 2 inner track rod ends are both split which were'nt like it on sunday.I was wondering why their garage in Helston rang to find out if everything was ok.Surely if they were split b4 (which they werent ) they would of said something when they fitted the new part.I will be back on the phone to them tomorrow to complain and see what they have to say
        Last edited by stormforce; 28 June 2006, 20:24.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi lads, I'm glad you all seem to be getting your recalls done, at last!!!
          I was beginning to feel a bit like smug bragger after I told you all I'd had mine done.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            Just had a look at the new part they fitted and the 2 joints that fixes to the the new part are both split which were'nt like it on sunday.
            What do you mean by 'the joints are split'? Are you looking at these adjusters?
            They have splits in them to enable adjustment. Maybe they were just turned in such a way that you didn't realise they had splits in them before?
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              What do you mean by 'the joints are split'? Are you looking at these adjusters?
              They have splits in them to enable adjustment. Maybe they were just turned in such a way that you didn't realise they had splits in them before?
              yup the inner track rod ends they have all been cleaned up by them and not dirty like the others and covered in fresh grease

Comment

Still no joy with my recall...

To be fair, the garage are doing what they can, but it's Toyota warranty department who are dragging their feet and not wanting to pay for the work to be done.

TCS (Jane) have confirmed to me that mine is an effected truck, but the warranty dept say it isn't on their list!

My garage have now spoken to Jane, and it seems she MAY have been wrong!!

Watch this space!!
                It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                  Still no joy with my recall...

To be fair, the garage are doing what they can, but it's Toyota warranty department who are dragging their feet and not wanting to pay for the work to be done.

TCS (Jane) have confirmed to me that mine is an effected truck, but the warranty dept say it isn't on their list!

My garage have now spoken to Jane, and it seems she MAY have been wrong!!

Watch this space!!
                  Sorry dave i meant to of said that it was the rubbers that were split it looks like the used something to lever the steering gear rod off and pierced the rubbers

Comment

Jane emailed me a letter on the same day saying that she is checking with Toyota europe to see if my Surf is on the list (but I know it is as I checked before).

So waiting for reply.

Cheers

Phil

Comment

• Been a good lad and kept up the good relationship with Toyota - have called them and thanked them for doing the recall.

They now have a happy Customer Relations Department

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

• Thanks Richard - just checked mine, one on the steering box original but OK, all the others have been changed.
                        BUT no fuel or fizz - they said UK had stopped it for imports!!
                        did get a curtesy car - they wanted me to pay - told them to bill Toyota UK - subject dropped, got a safety check (I think) was told it was partial as the wheels didnt come off, but all the boxes were ticked also a sort of clean but forgot windscreen and sprayed cockpit shine or back to black everywhere tyres, dash, inside of screen AND STEERING WHEEL what a load of numpties!!
                        Have sent a mail to Jane and asked for an explanation - getting a distinct feeling that the service dept dont like imports - parts dept are fine, or were untill I asked for the price of an air con clutch bearing and a crank pulley
                        88412-26030 magnetic clutch plate...£207.15
                        88410-35250 clutch complete...£233.15
                        13408-67020 Crank pulley £206.18
                        WTF
                        what world are they on and what are they made of
                        anyone got either for a 3.0L?????????
                        I wonder if I will get a reply??
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

• i spoke to the manager of Parklands Toyota today and he says they must of nicked the rubbers while fitting or taking the old one off and said he will make some enquireries tomorrow and get back to me after so will wait and see what they have to say

Comment

• Originally posted by fatfires
                            Thanks Richard - just checked mine, one on the steering box original but OK, all the others have been changed.
                            BUT no fuel or fizz - they said UK had stopped it for imports!!
                            did get a curtesy car - they wanted me to pay - told them to bill Toyota UK - subject dropped, got a safety check (I think) was told it was partial as the wheels didnt come off, but all the boxes were ticked also a sort of clean but forgot windscreen and sprayed cockpit shine or back to black everywhere tyres, dash, inside of screen AND STEERING WHEEL what a load of numpties!!
                            Have sent a mail to Jane and asked for an explanation - getting a distinct feeling that the service dept dont like imports - parts dept are fine, or were untill I asked for the price of an air con clutch bearing and a crank pulley
                            88412-26030 magnetic clutch plate...£207.15
                            88410-35250 clutch complete...£233.15
                            13408-67020 Crank pulley £206.18
                            WTF
                            what world are they on and what are they made of
                            anyone got either for a 3.0L?????????
                            I wonder if I will get a reply??
                            Certainly don't sound as tho there on this Planet, now there's a

Jess
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

• well i got my surf back from ipswich toyota today no clean no fuel but i did get a bottle of champers and safty chek and a brand new yaris to drive about in
                              horrible moters !!
                              and while it was there it got sumo'd

Comment

• Late as usual!

Sent me details to both the emails listed (GB & Europe) today so see what happens!
                                Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X