• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UDTrev
    Just chased up Hippo's case - and still the case drags on
    Trev
    Latest Update:
    It's 2 months since I last rang em, so I called e'm again today, Jane wasn't in but spoke to 'Olly' "pardon" I said, 'Olly' he said, I said "that must be Stan's mate 'Olly' he wasn't amused.
    He did apologise for not contacting me sooner obo Toyoater but assured me
    'thing's were in Hand' I said "don't ya mean in house" & he said 'No everythings in Hand over in in Brussels' they must be growing em .......

Don't know what you lot think, but if they take as long as me Brussels in the garden, we'll be waiting till somewhere near Christmas !!!!!!!!!!

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
      Latest Update:
      It's 2 months since I last rang em, so I called e'm again today, Jane wasn't in but spoke to 'Olly' "pardon" I said, 'Olly' he said, I said "that must be Stan's mate 'Olly' he wasn't amused.
      He did apologise for not contacting me sooner obo Toyoater but assured me
      'thing's were in Hand' I said "don't ya mean in house" & he said 'No everythings in Hand over in in Brussels' they must be growing em .......

Don't know what you lot think, but if they take as long as me Brussels in the garden, we'll be waiting till somewhere near Christmas !!!!!!!!!!

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      I don't know about Brussels, but the speed Toyota are going at Turkey is nearer to mind If toyota buy a job lot of Paxo I AM running

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        I don't know about Brussels, but the speed Toyota are going at Turkey is nearer to mind If toyota buy a job lot of Paxo I AM running
        Trev
        Yer can be sure if it was Burd Flu it would be here quicker than Christmas Turkey, Trev I bettya !!!!

Jess
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
          Yer can be sure if it was Burd Flu it would be here quicker than Christmas Turkey, Trev I bettya !!!!

Jess
          God I hope not - there's ducks just outside the office

And I am not talking of the plastic occupants of Hippo

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

update

phoned today , got ollie, he wasn't a lot of use but passed a message to jane to chase up and that I was not happy
            she phoned back and started talking if not when as 'these are japanese cars you know' so I asked how come a forum member (sticks) has his booked in after only 1 letter to Toyota europe and that she had given the go ahead.
            Sorry cant talk about anyone else - data protection, anyway dont believe all you hear on the net as anyone can say anything and we dont know if they are going to be done in the UK, or as it is a japan issue wether they might concider doing them there!!
            I left her in no uncertainty that I was not happy
            I think I may have blotted my copy book - please everyone keep pushing, their attitude is changing, I think they have under estimated the size and cost of this recall!!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Don't push to hard, look what happened in Oz, Toyota got fed up with the imports and leaned on the Govn't and got all imported vehicles banned.

And I bet our wonderful leaders will take a lot less pushing by a big business.

Sticks has had his done, we got answers in the end to 3 of our trucks and were all clear. Be patient and don't pi$$ people off to much, or it'll all end in tears.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well lads I've finally had the recall job done, the steering relay is now changed!

Actually I have to apologise to Toyota because I said some rather disparaging remarks about them and they were really good about it in the end. I even had a quick service, 10 quids of diesel and a bottle of champers as well as a courtesy car all thrown in.

They didn't even blink when I asked to see the old one, and there was nothing wrong with it, they said they'd done a few, mainly 4-runners but also some Surfs, and they haven't seen a knackered one yet.
                All in all a good result, thanks Toyota, now do the rest of the lads and we'll all be happy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                  toyota uk fobbed me off with a toyota dealer in battersea who took all the particulars of my truck when i explained what the problem was,
                  he phoned me back later that day and said he could not get any details of my truck up on the computer and so he couldnt help,
                  what should i do next

ALL chassis no's are logged on the EPC system so i cant see why they cant find It!

Steve at my local dealer can find my Surf's details in seconds on his PC,so what's going on at your dealer?

PS so can i on my EPC at home!

Neil
                  www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by sticks
                    Well lads I've finally had the recall job done, the steering relay is now changed!

Actually I have to apologise to Toyota because I said some rather disparaging remarks about them and they were really good about it in the end. I even had a quick service, 10 quids of diesel and a bottle of champers as well as a courtesy car all thrown in.

They didn't even blink when I asked to see the old one, and there was nothing wrong with it, they said they'd done a few, mainly 4-runners but also some Surfs, and they haven't seen a knackered one yet.
                    All in all a good result, thanks Toyota, now do the rest of the lads and we'll all be happy!!!

dont know how yours got through mate but well done for you..meanwhile the rest of us wait, my local dealer has told me they have had a letter from toyota uk saying NOT to do any imports - japanese surfs or usa runners untill and unless the owner has a specific personal letter giving the go ahead , the words goalposts & moving come to mind
                    so we all wait driving a potencialy .............................. .....
                    any news keep it posted guys!! Pleeeeeeese
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
                      ALL chassis no's are logged on the EPC system so i cant see why they cant find It!

Steve at my local dealer can find my Surf's details in seconds on his PC,so what's going on at your dealer?

PS so can i on my EPC at home!

Neil
                      Heard this before somewhere.........
                      Ah .... Postcode Lottery eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

WARHOOOOO, atn richard - stormforce

Had the call from Jayne at customer service UK - mine is booked in for the 28th (cos of holls ) - she tells me that all eligable surfs have now been given the go ahead from Japan - so if you have a case number and you have been told you are elegable - expect a call - or give them one !!!
                        I aint going to shout sorted untill the 29th tho!!!!
                        Tony

Comment

WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Just had the call!!! not spoken to them since the one time in March i think!! she's given me the ref number and said to book it in at my local toyota dealer and they'll do it no probs!!

I love toyota!!!
                          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

just had my call from Jane and i am now on the phone to get it booked in

WAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

My turn too! Jane has just rung me with the go ahead.... Guess there'll be a mad rush now! Best get it booked in sooner rather than later....
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

isn't it funny log-ons shoot up when good or bad news happens
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X