Toyota Recall For Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

gave Toyota UK a nudge by phone, spoke to an absolutely charming lady (cant remember her name but was from Jamaica) she said the reason for the delay was that Japan had to issue a manual and the technitions over here would need to be trained to carry out the work as Surfs were a different spec!. ...me no comment here!
    I asked if that was the case why couldnt Toyota use the tech's that have done the 4 runner changes to do the surfs ?? so she has asked the question, and some others, safety issue, 2nd class citizens, regonal differences, why some one has it done before me, what is the meaning of life. She has told me to expect a call or mail by tuesday next...so watch this space!
    Te He, do love a good stir!!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
      gave Toyota UK a nudge by phone, spoke to an absolutely charming lady (cant remember her name but was from Jamaica) she said the reason for the delay was that Japan had to issue a manual and the technitions over here would need to be trained to carry out the work as Surfs were a different spec!. ...me no comment here!
      I asked if that was the case why couldnt Toyota use the tech's that have done the 4 runner changes to do the surfs ?? so she has asked the question, and some others, safety issue, 2nd class citizens, regonal differences, why some one has it done before me, what is the meaning of life. She has told me to expect a call or mail by tuesday next...so watch this space!
      Te He, do love a good stir!!

Basically the same answer as i got this afternoon when i rang them.she said as soon as they get all the info from Toyota Japan then i will be notified a.s.a.p
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        Basically the same answer as i got this afternoon when i rang them.she said as soon as they get all the info from Toyota Japan then i will be notified a.s.a.p

OK then Richard who is going to hear first?
        Tony

Comment

OK then Richard who is going to hear first?

It's definately got to be you as we are always last to see/hear anything down here

Comment

It's definately got to be you as we are always last to see/hear anything down here
            I hear if you get yourself to Newquay this weekend there is plenty to see!!
            nudge nudge
            Last edited by fatfires; 26 May 2006, 22:22.
            Tony

Comment

I hear if you get yourself to Newquay this weekend there is plenty to see!!
              nudge nudge :wink: :wink:

might take a trip there on sunday when the other half is at work

Comment

might take a trip there on sunday when the other half is at work
                naughty boy..you going to try to pretend your truck is a VW camper?
                Tony

Comment

naughty boy..you going to try to pretend your truck is a VW camper?

no .... just show them what a real motor looks like

Comment

great news for you, can you confirm which route you took and do you have any names??
                    hi fatfires

I copied a letter from here on the forum, from "qube3" I think, and added to it a bit( its here on one of the threads) and sent it to: cust.service@toyota-europe.com. I had a reply from a Maureen Sakuri( I posted the reply on the recall thread (http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...69#post188369), they asked for some details ie licence plate and local dealership etc and sent the reply back. I then had a call from Toyota GB, a very nice lady called Jayne, who confirmed they'd been contacted by Toyota Europe and explained about the wait for the manual and last week I had the call saying I could go ahead and book it. I now have to eat humble pie as I made a few comments on the other thread( actually I think you told me not to knock it!) about them wanting the manual. If you want a copy of my letter let me know and I'll put it on the forum.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by sticks
                      hi fatfires

I copied a letter from here on the forum, from "qube3" I think, and added to it a bit( its here on one of the threads) and sent it to: cust.service@toyota-europe.com. I had a reply from a Maureen Sakuri( I posted the reply on the recall thread (http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...69#post188369), they asked for some details ie licence plate and local dealership etc and sent the reply back. I then had a call from Toyota GB, a very nice lady called Jayne, who confirmed they'd been contacted by Toyota Europe and explained about the wait for the manual and last week I had the call saying I could go ahead and book it. I now have to eat humble pie as I made a few comments on the other thread( actually I think you told me not to knock it!) about them wanting the manual. If you want a copy of my letter let me know and I'll put it on the forum.

Good luck
                      Yes please mate as Jayne was one of the first people I spoke to - if it can be done for you it can be done for me, richard and others who have waited a while!!
                      by the way where are you getting yours done?
                      Tony

Comment

hi fatfires

Good luck
                        a copy would be greatas myself and fatfires had contacted toyota yesterday and got the same reply then we could have something to throw back at them when they say we still have to wait till they get more info

Comment

Yes please mate as Jayne was one of the first people I spoke to - if it can be done for you it can be done for me, richard and others who have waited a while!!
                          by the way where are you getting yours done?

Here you are lads:

Dear Sir/Madam

I have been in touch with Toyota GB and they have suggested I get in touch with TOYOTA EUROPE. This I did and spoke to a very helpful lady on the telephone and as suggested I have emailed my details etc to you

I own a 1993 Toyota Surf chassis no LN130 7******, engine code 2L-TE and model code Q-LN130W-GKPQT. I have been informed that there is a safety recall for these vehicles relating to the Steering Gear Relay Rod.

If this vehicle is subject to this recall can you please let me know how we go about arranging to have this recall carried out.

I am sure TOYOTA would not like the publicity of any of their vehicles failing due to this problem as it would reflect upon their whole vehicle range especially as the vehicles normally have a good safety record. I am sure that this is just an oversight due to these vehicles being imported direct from Japan, but these vehicles are still TOYOTA.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply

Regards

Sean.

I hope that will do it for you mate and as for where I'm getting mine done, its at Somerset County Cars, their address is:-

Somerset Count Cars Ltd
                          Official Toyota Centre
                          142 Priorswood Road
                          Taunton
                          Somerset
                          Great Britain
                          TA2 8DN

Tel: 01823 289901
                          Fax: 01823 334452
                          email: sales@scc.toyota.co.uk
                          www.toyota.co.uk/scc

all the best

Last edited by sticks; 28 May 2006, 17:02.

Comment

I got a phone call on friday regarding my surf. They said they were sorry its been taking them so long but they have a lot to work through. So i know they are doing some thing. I will just wait a little bit longer for them to say YES or NO to if it needs the work on it.
                            i like it muddy!

Comment

Here you are lads:

Dear Sir/Madam

I have been in touch with Toyota GB and they have suggested I get in touch with TOYOTA EUROPE. This I did and spoke to a very helpful lady on the telephone and as suggested I have emailed my details etc to you

I own a 1993 Toyota Surf chassis no LN130 7******, engine code 2L-TE and model code Q-LN130W-GKPQT. I have been informed that there is a safety recall for these vehicles relating to the Steering Gear Relay Rod.

If this vehicle is subject to this recall can you please let me know how we go about arranging to have this recall carried out.

I am sure TOYOTA would not like the publicity of any of their vehicles failing due to this problem as it would reflect upon their whole vehicle range especially as the vehicles normally have a good safety record. I am sure that this is just an oversight due to these vehicles being imported direct from Japan, but these vehicles are still TOYOTA.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply

Regards

Sean.

I hope that will do it for you mate and as for where I'm getting mine done, its at Somerset County Cars, their address is:-

Somerset Count Cars Ltd
                              Official Toyota Centre
                              142 Priorswood Road
                              Taunton
                              Somerset
                              Great Britain
                              TA2 8DN

Tel: 01823 289901
                              Fax: 01823 334452
                              email: sales@scc.toyota.co.uk
                              www.toyota.co.uk/scc

all the best

Thanks Sean guess who is on the phone tuesdayAM
                              Tony

Comment

Just chased up Hippo's case - and still the case drags on

Trev
                                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                                X