Side Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Steps

I have just removed the side steps from my surf , just to see what it looked like .

What do you think ?

Originally posted by andy
    I have just removed the side steps from my surf , just to see what it looked like .

What do you think ?
    i think they look better on
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      i think they look better on
      me too its part the SURF image.
      but spose its a matter of personel preference.

GOD ALL THESE BIG WORDS!!! must have lie down.
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

What do you think ?
        YUK!!
        Put 'em back on!!
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

What do you think ?
          I thought about doing that to mine as one side is a bit twisted .
          Two schools of thought.....(1) take off anything that impedes ground clearance....(2) if your sills etc are that close to catching your gonna damage something expensive.
          If I had the money I,d remove them & replace with stainless steel rock catchers.
          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Sort of looks weird without them, but then pictures don't sometimes show it up very well.
            Was also thinking of removing mine and replacing them with a nice big length of tube just to protect the sills for off roading.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              Sort of looks weird without them, but then pictures don't sometimes show it up very well.
              Was also thinking of removing mine and replacing them with a nice big length of tube just to protect the sills for off roading.
              I remember from a while back Elvz was trying to get a price from someone else on the forum to manufacture some ?
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

I think it looks ok with them off. I took the step on the other side off once (to bend it back into shape) and I could see quite a lot of the fuel tank though. I have been looking for some decent rock slider bars for a while and the only ones i can find are in the US. Given that they probably weigh a lot, I'm sure the shipping costs would be very high. I have left the steps on for now even though they are getting trashed, but it saves my sills from any damage!

If anyone has a good design for some bars and can find someone to make them I would definitely buy a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  I think it looks ok with them off. I took the step on the other side off once (to bend it back into shape) and I could see quite a lot of the fuel tank though. I have been looking for some decent rock slider bars for a while and the only ones i can find are in the US. Given that they probably weigh a lot, I'm sure the shipping costs would be very high. I have left the steps on for now even though they are getting trashed, but it saves my sills from any damage!

If anyone has a good design for some bars and can find someone to make them I would definitely buy a set.
                  ive got pipe benders & formers up to 2" diameter
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I think it looks much better without them on, mind you even better with rock sliders on.

Cheers

Comment

I have sent a few e-mails enquiring about rock sliders , so when I get some info back maybe we could do a bulk purchase , that's if anybody is interested .

Comment

I have sent a few e-mails enquiring about rock sliders , so when I get some info back maybe we could do a bulk purchase , that's if anybody is interested .
                        If the price is right......Come on down!!!!!!!

Comment

Andy,

I don't think it looks too great taking the side steps off on a 'colour-over-silver' model as the step is too much an integral part of the trim. Also dosen't look so good off on a Mk3.

However, on a single colour Mk1 or Mk2 it looks great and gives the car a more 'truck like' off roader apperance. Mine looks a lot 'higher' with the steps off- the disadvantage is that you can see some of the running gear and the old folks have trouble getting in and out!!

Photo- steps off in Mid Wales
                          Attached Files

Comment

I like it!! It gets 10/10 on the 'take crap off for better ground clearance' score card.

now all you gotta do is take the jigsaw to the arches, and toss a set of 33" tyres on there!

Job done........................

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

What do you think ?
                              Looks like a big RAV 4

ORRIBLE

sumo.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X