Oil Leak info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak info please

Hi all any ideas on an Oil leak I have, (it appears on the head of the bolt heads that hang upside down) I believe it's part of the Oil Filter Houseing on driverside of the Engine.
    1. Do the Bolts have some sort of rubber seals or washers that can be replaced ?

2. Can these bolts be removed safely without any problems to replace Seals/ washers ?
    Hope these pics Help !

Thanks

There's always a Payback.... You just cant see it Comin !!!!!
    Attached Files
    Buncefield Burner

just a possibility, hard to tell from photos but underside of oil filter looks wet, could it be leaking from the filter body itself? had two filters from milners that have been fine for about 3000 miles, give or take, before developing a leak from the rolled seam at the filter base (not the seal face)
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
      just a possibility, hard to tell from photos but underside of oil filter looks wet, could it be leaking from the filter body itself? had two filters from milners that have been fine for about 3000 miles, give or take, before developing a leak from the rolled seam at the filter base (not the seal face)

Thanks for that Shaun, never thought O' that, I'll give that a try to morra ...

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
        Hi all any ideas on an Oil leak I have, (it appears on the head of the bolt heads that hang upside down) I believe it's part of the Oil Filter Houseing on driverside of the Engine.
        1. Do the Bolts have some sort of rubber seals or washers that can be replaced ?

2. Can these bolts be removed safely without any problems to replace Seals/ washers ?
        Hope these pics Help !

Thanks

There's always a Payback.... You just cant see it Comin !!!!!
        Here is a pic of a similar oil cooler housing.

There are three points which can have the parts replaced. The two together have a nut, washer,spring and a small piston type part. These are the oil pressure relief valves. The third at other end has a nut and washer.

I have the part numbers for a '92 model but better to order using your Model and Frame numbers to ensure you get correct parts. If just replacing nuts and seals you will need three of each or otherwise two springs and two valves will also be required. I am replacing the lot.

Nev

Comment

Here is a diagram of what it all looks like on a 2L-T. Ignore the part numbers etc as they may be different.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
            Here is a pic of a similar oil cooler housing.

There are three points which can have the parts replaced. The two together have a nut, washer,spring and a small piston type part. These are the oil pressure relief valves. The third at other end has a nut and washer.

I have the part numbers for a '92 model but better to order using your Model and Frame numbers to ensure you get correct parts. If just replacing nuts and seals you will need three of each or otherwise two springs and two valves will also be required. I am replacing the lot.

Nev
            As Shaun was the only reply at the time & suggested I check the Oil Filter seal first.
            This I did & took me Truck for Spin, back home it was still leakin, On checking the Oil filter for tightness( low & behold ) I managed two 1/4 turns on the Filter.

Thanks V much for the info & pics Nev sure they'll be helpful.
            Problem solved.

Thanks 2 you both for your
            There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X