What Were You Doing.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine rolled off the lines in '93

I'd just seen U2 live in Sydney, had just finished my HSC (A-levels in Australia) and was preparing to move over to Blighty for about 12mths.

10 years later I'm still here, I've put on 4 stone, got married and have a little ankle biter.

. . . I also drive a SURF !!

Now thats a good holiday!!
    Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
      ..............When Your Surf Rolled Off The Production Line?

Was thinking about this today as I was driving home and the Surf was running extremely well, (I got to thinking that maybe it was running as well as it did when it was new!)

Wouldn't it have been a joy to have owned a brand spanking new Surf?

Mine is a 1993 2.4 SSR-X so as it was being built and delivered to some japanese showroom.....

I was in the Army at the time, 3rd Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment and I was stationed in Portadown, Co. Armagh.

I had just met my future wife in a pub, where she worked a barmaid (she was also at University!)

She was only 18 at the time I was 25!

I could drink 8 pints of lager (Stella Artois) every night, without wishing I was dead the next day! and I could run a marathon!

Our song was "Linger" by the Cranberries!

I was driving a 1108cc Renault 5 and could travel 2156 miles on a fiver

I earned £21.87 a day and £15.84 in travel expenses!

Was it THAT long ago?

Gary
      my truck as a date of october 10th 1992 if the paperwork is to be beleaved...
      i was serving my last year in the army 1ST R.H.A at this time i was based in tidworth but i think i was in canada for a few months around that date, cant remember how much i was on but was on band 1 pay scale . Id drink the best part of a bottle of pernod and think it was cool how i was drunk for a couple of days after.... .......

hellmett u were in royal irish!! met some of you guys in hohne, the then west germany in the late 80,s blimey they know how to drink. between them and the scotts guards they managed to drink the local night clubs dry.....
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Mines a 93.
        I was lead guitarist in a band called "The Funny Shapes". We played stuff kind of like Pearl Jam/Soundgarden. I was 22 and having a great laugh. Hmmmm, life was so simple then.
        You aint seen me, right

Comment

Late 96 - still working as mobile service engineer, just returned from Russia (working on the new Cadbury's chocolate factory), still thawing out...
          Had been married for 6 years, with an 18 month-old daughter.
          Driving the first of my Omegas at the time, IIRC.
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Mines a '93..... I was 28....... I drove a Land Rover V8 County 90" and had just bought a spanking new Kawasaki ZZR1100.
            I was a traffic officer at the time. Had just bought my first house, a listed railway cottage in North Devon.
            Oh and I was young and stoopid........ just old and stoopid now
            Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

I can't remember.

Comment

27/02/93 was first registered and i had just moved back to Cornwall after spending a couple of years travelling and working around that foreign land (England) and then meeting the wife
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

92'! I was self employed plumbing and drainage, 24h emg, So probably in someones loft or drains when my baby was being borne, driving a renault
                  traffic van (work) and the car was a 68 buick rivera in bits and draining me wallet, That 24h stuff does you in, I still jump when the phone rings.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

31 12 91

I was 16 just finisned school eairler in the year and was going to college doing course on electrical and mechanical engineering and riding around on a Yamaha Pasola mopped

On the 31 12 91 i was out with my mate pretending we were really hard by smoking and drinking and getting hammered on 2 budwisers .

Im so glad im grown up now
                    They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

Comment

Mine's a '93.

I was taking a break from college and living with a couple of other bikers in a terrace in salford. It wa so rough round there that we lived in it nearly for free, the owner couln't sell it but wanted someone there so it wouldn't get burned out.

We kept orr mikes in the house and there was always at least one bike in bits, always one or tow sofasurfers, always a bit of a party. we used to spend quite a bit of time going to bike rallies on bikes that were lucky to all make it there.

At the time I had no car and was riding a Honda CB650, or an SRX600. I still have the Honda, and the jacket but it doesn't fit any more!

Last edited by Medieval Dave; 25 February 2006, 13:38.

Comment

Mine's a 94 - I was in my first year at uni and I had a tweaked MG Metro. Wow, that was a long time ago...
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
                          ..............When Your Surf Rolled Off The Production Line?

Was thinking about this today as I was driving home and the Surf was running extremely well, (I got to thinking that maybe it was running as well as it did when it was new!)

Wouldn't it have been a joy to have owned a brand spanking new Surf?

Mine is a 1993 2.4 SSR-X so as it was being built and delivered to some japanese showroom.....

I was in the Army at the time, 3rd Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment and I was stationed in Portadown, Co. Armagh.

I had just met my future wife in a pub, where she worked a barmaid (she was also at University!)

She was only 18 at the time I was 25!

I could drink 8 pints of lager (Stella Artois) every night, without wishing I was dead the next day! and I could run a marathon!

Our song was "Linger" by the Cranberries!

I was driving a 1108cc Renault 5 and could travel 2156 miles on a fiver

I earned £21.87 a day and £15.84 in travel expenses!

Was it THAT long ago?

Gary
                          Only 8 pints, should've been a dropshort!
                          I know what you mean though, I can just about manage two now!

Comment

I was selling beer to this reprobate

Oy Dave thats my angle grinder have you given it back???
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X