Engine codes...Bushwacker or TonyN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
    OK... so far we think its a sensor ( ? ) on the block as shown in the photo, and I accept that there may or may not be a fault with it.
    But...... what about the air intake sensor ( code 8 ).... what could be causing both sensors to show an issue...... together ?????

The other thing I do not understand is...... why does this fault ( orange light) only show after 6 mins of driving time, and then intermitantly IE; it goes out, and sometimes comes back on sometimes not !!!
    If there was a fault, surely it should show ALL the time ???

The damn thing is driving me nuts now
    Electronics are temperimental things, its probably just starting to fail, as the sender gets hot it expands and any cracks in the electronic components will expand and then fail, or the engine vibrations are doing the same thing.

You quite often get overlapping codes with engine managment faults, if the two senders are linked at the ECU, and one fails then the ECU knows something is wrong, as they shouldn't be both reading so far out from each other, but it doesn't know which one is not right, so it 'fault lights' all the things that don't tally up, and you have to work it out.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ok ty Tony...... next question..... let us assume that its the sensor on the engine..... temp thingamabob..... what is it called, part number etc etc so I can get one, and attempt to replace the rotten thing.
      Assuming I can recover my spanners from the hedge after my last foray under the bonnet !!!
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

i thought you were quite good when you done my lights. no bad language well apart from when the women called us in for lunch
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
          Ok ty Tony...... next question..... let us assume that its the sensor on the engine..... temp thingamabob..... what is it called, part number etc etc so I can get one, and attempt to replace the rotten thing.
          Assuming I can recover my spanners from the hedge after my last foray under the bonnet !!!
          hehe, I can see tools flying, its probably a bugger to get at!

Have a beer, them dive into the engine bay.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

it definatley is a bugger to get at i could only just squeeze one arm on to it, then i couldn,t see what i was holding check the wires before you order a new one both of mine had broken off the back of the plug

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              i thought you were quite good when you done my lights. no bad language well apart from when the women called us in for lunch
              Electrickery is a easy.......sensors wot is buried in the bowels of Hades is a whole different kettle of toads.
              Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Working...
              X