Engine codes...Bushwacker or TonyN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine codes...Bushwacker or TonyN

ok..... code 4 8......... I cant find what it means anywhere....... anyone know, thanks in advance.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

4 is coolant temp sensor, 8 is air intake temp sensor.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      4 is coolant temp sensor, 8 is air intake temp sensor.
      Ok..... thankyou Tony.

where are these items located ? and whats the possible reason for this error code ?
      Also..... why .... when the engine check light comes on I can sense a slight decrease in power ?

Pressumably, discontecting the battery will reset this little glitch ?

Comment

Attached Files
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 February 2006, 00:46.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Thanx Vince....... still uncertain as to why both should be showing a fault, together at the same time !
          I need to replace the water temp one as I know there is a problem with that one..... in so much as it is not connected, £48 for a new one !
          Cannot understand whats wrong with the air one though.

Comment

£48!!!!!! It's only a b****y sender unit! The last temp sender I bought was for my Transit and it was £8.
            Is your air temp sensor pluged in, 'cos they can just fall out or get knocked out accidently.
            To reset the ECU, you can disconnect the batteries, or just take out the 20amp fuse, in the fuse box near the gas pedal.

Comment

£48!!!!!! It's only a b****y sender unit! The last temp sender I bought was for my Transit and it was £8.
              Is your air temp sensor pluged in, 'cos they can just fall out or get knocked out accidently.
              To reset the ECU, you can disconnect the batteries, or just take out the 20amp fuse, in the fuse box near the gas pedal.
              Yes £48...... owning the car infront is getting more expensive by the minute !

Mind you..... got my wheel arch fixed for £50 and you'd never know it had been broken...... beats paying £287 for a new one eh ?

Comment

£287?????

Comment

£287?????
                  one arch = £287 inc VAT from Toyota...... oh and it comes in white, so you still have to paint it.

Comment

I posted the wrong pic for the coolant sensor, posted correct one now. oops!

Comment

Code 4 is this sensor not the coolant temp sender for the temp gauge on the thermostat housing. The sensor on block is connected to the ECU and helps this decide how much fuel to supply to engine. If not working then loss of power may occur because the ECU decreases fuel supply. Could be faulty sensor or simply a poor connection or broken wire.

Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev, I realised I posted the wrong pic, so I borrowed yours. Must go and delete mine from my pics file. D'oh!

Comment

I see the previous pic posted has now been changed.

Nev

Comment

I hate it when two people post at the same time.

Nev

Comment

OK... so far we think its a sensor ( ? ) on the block as shown in the photo, and I accept that there may or may not be a fault with it.
                              But...... what about the air intake sensor ( code 8 ).... what could be causing both sensors to show an issue...... together ?????

The other thing I do not understand is...... why does this fault ( orange light) only show after 6 mins of driving time, and then intermitantly IE; it goes out, and sometimes comes back on sometimes not !!!
                              If there was a fault, surely it should show ALL the time ???

The damn thing is driving me nuts now

Comment

Working...
                              X