yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the driver's seatbelt a catapult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy
    think thats the other way around

and i dont believe that time slows down the faster you go anyway.
    them clocks work by picking up a frequency, the movement of the plane, the landing, them moving the clocks around, and vibrations we couldnt even feel would effect the timekeeping of them.
    i bet if they put the stationary clock on something that vibrates for the whole duration of the test, they would find that they get different results.

Nope! Time is relative.

What happens when you lob a ball in the air when you're on a fast moving train?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Nope! Time is relative.

Out of the window???
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Out of the window???
        Attached Files

Comment

well, it cheered me up!!

Comment

Nope! Time is relative.

the guard takes it away from you because you're annoying the other passengers
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
              think thats the other way around

and i dont believe that time slows down the faster you go anyway.
              them clocks work by picking up a frequency, the movement of the plane, the landing, them moving the clocks around, and vibrations we couldnt even feel would effect the timekeeping of them.
              i bet if they put the stationary clock on something that vibrates for the whole duration of the test, they would find that they get different results.
              you are right dude,got it round the wrong way,it would slow the faster it was accelerated.the point is relativity is relative to the observer.if you could accelerate a space ship to near light speed,and then back to the earth,the observers and the space ships "time " would have both moved normally relative to the observer,but to the different groups ,for instance the stationery group,time would have advanced much furher than for the near light speed group,who although time relative to them would have passed the same ,would have "aged " during this relative time period less.

dude even einstein neede help with the maths(lots of triple integrals and lorentz transformations) and we are still only vaguley aware of space time ramnifications

as for the clocks being shook,that was not a consideraion i admit,but the science behind it was sound.for example as a massive object has a greater gravitational pull,if you hung a plum bob (no not that one ,a real one) near a mountain for instance,it would tend toward the heavier mass.this is just another example of time space and gravity being inextricably linked

dude my brain hurts
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                the guard takes it away from you because you're annoying the other passengers

Attached Files

Comment

Two in one day, on the same thread.......

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                    you are right dude,got it round the wrong way,it would slow the faster it was accelerated.the point is relativity is relative to the observer.if you could accelerate a space ship to near light speed,and then back to the earth,the observers and the space ships "time " would have both moved normally relative to the observer,but to the different groups ,for instance the stationery group,time would have advanced much furher than for the near light speed group,who although time relative to them would have passed the same ,would have "aged " during this relative time period less.

dude even einstein neede help with the maths(lots of triple integrals and lorentz transformations) and we are still only vaguley aware of space time ramnifications

as for the clocks being shook,that was not a consideraion i admit,but the science behind it was sound.for example as a massive object has a greater gravitational pull,if you hung a plum bob (no not that one ,a real one) near a mountain for instance,it would tend toward the heavier mass.this is just another example of time space and gravity being inextricably linked

dude my brain hurts

Inextricably.

Good word, I'll wright it down and use it later.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                      Two in one day, on the same thread.......

The day is still young!

Comment

Nope! Time is relative.

exactly!!!

to the person on the train the balls velocity is relative to to the observer.to someone on a train platform,the ball is travelling fast
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

are you going to start a seperate counter for the number of times you show that image?
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                            exactly!!!

to the person aon the train the balls velocity is relative to to the observer.to someone on a train platform,the ball is travelling fast
                            Go and look at some poo........this is all making my head hurt!

Comment

are you going to start a seperate counter for the number of times you show that image?
                              only if its relative to the thread

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yep. Stormforce is still in the lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X