No announcement yet.

Breakdown Recovery Who!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should be ok on the back of a 7.5t recovery van.... but could be close as they have a crew cab and quite a heavy body... but a surf's no heavier than a large car.

might have to wait a little longer for recovery till they can get a suitable vehicle to you though.

my mate's 5 series bmw got taken on a 13t motor.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

RAC for me as they recovered me from southern germany, got a series of good hire cars for a week to finish my hols had to change over at the german/french border and to a UK motor in calais but brought it back home then they changed me to a basic (yuk ford Kac) untill the surf was repatreated. The rac service was brill ....europcar was not but a complaint when I got home got me a free double upgrade on my holls in spain.
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

[QUOTE=sumo]Yep we got CSMA/britania cover too,only used them once but they were xcelent.
        Hey pops have you ever been on one of the CSMA's offroad days,you should you know cos they is good fun,and thats how we discovered Norfolk.

i not a civil servent sumo thought they there just for them peoples
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by scooby_si
          has anyone had any issues when er i mean if (presume it dont happen much with our reliable beasties ) they need towing etc from a breakdown.
          Si
          They won't recover you with the spec-lifters they have on/in some of the transit types vans etc or tow you for any great distance - when my crankshaft broke they just used a towing pole to take me to a car park around the corner and then I had to wait another couple of hours for a proper flat-bed recovery truck
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Green Flag

I am with Green Flag through the Caravan Club which has the advantage that if you breakdown they will tow you to where you are going and then again to get it fixed or home at the end of your holiday. I used them twice when I had the 2.4 and overheated. They picked me up, took me home, took caravan to store and then picked the Surf up the following day (Monday) to take it to the garage.
            They only cover the vehicle, but for whoever is driving it. I think that you will find they are rather cheaper than others and I pay £83,50 to cover the Surf and my Passat for roadside and rescue. There is no weight restriction like with most others.

Comment

Britannia Rescue

Originally posted by Surferjess
              Well Pops,
              Bin previously classed as a Civil Servant (Postman) CSMA operate Britania Rescue cover who co-operate with Green Flag.
              Iv'e had no Probs over the last 14yrs & waited no longer than 20 mins.
              If you got family as Civil Servant it will be easy & worthwhile.
              Hope this of some help.
              Id'e be pleased to hear how you get on

Check out here www.csma.uk.com
              And it's MUCH cheaper than the competition. e.g.
              Approx 97.00 for comprehensive cover 2 people (person and partner) as driver OR passenger in any car, + 1 nominated car. So cover could be for 3 cars in all. Great if you want to cover your kids motor!
              Includes roadside assistance; recovery; home-start & etc.
              I dont think you HAVE to be a civil servant, its just a bit cheaper.......

regards

Trev Dowle
              Last edited by trevdowle; 5 February 2006, 15:02.
              Cheers
              Trev D.

Comment

been with the A.A for nearly 9yrs, no complaints......
                also got GREEN FLAG with my bank account... but check small print.... charges occur after 1st hour of them turning up....
                CARL.....
                gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

With RAC at the moment through a family cover thing.

Had to call them out once on a Sunday when the 1st gen broke down. The guy in the Transit turned up in 20mins but unfortunately he couldn't fix the prob. I waited for an hour for a recovery truck to turn up and take me and the Surf to Tony's!

Comment

With the AA and can't fault them, they have relayed me:-
                    In my mothers van from North Yorkshire to Southamton (blew the gearbox).
                    In the Surf, Loch Tay Scotland To Southampton (blew UJ/Prop)
                    In the Surf, Abington Services Scotland to Southampton (blew head)
                    In the Surf, Fawley to Southampton (blew the imobiliser)
                    In the BMW, Redbrigde to Rusington (blew the injectors)
                    Plus somewhere in the region of 9 call outs.
                    This is in the last 6 years, I have everything bar european cover and pay about £120 a year.
                    The only thing that concerns me is that the AA is now owned by Centrica, which is not a "non profit making" company, so all departments have to show cost effectiveness, which in my book means there may well be cut backs in the future. But all the time they still offer service I'll stick with them, after all I think I've got my moneys worth.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                      (blew UJ/Prop)
                      (blew head)
                      (blew the imobiliser)
                      (blew the injectors)
                      dude... that blows!... um... a lot!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What I didn't include was that I also blew the head on the BMW.
                        Well I've always said you can get anything to go fast as long as you don't know two words

Mechanical

Sympathy
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Breakdown Recovery who....?

Hi,
                          I have just come on here to say that I operated a repairshop / breakdown recovery service for all classes of vehicle cars right up to LGV,s and buses..(for 16 years)..With regards to cars and private light goods I always went out without delay to all "Britannia assist" ie CSMA calls...they got our best attention.....Why, you ask ? Well they always paid best price and money was in bank as soon as we signed off job back at base...in more remote area of mainland britain.. took me two goes to get on their list ..then never looked back...FWIW

peter ( cant recall lifting many toyotas let alone surfs tho )

Comment

I had to use Brittania recovery on sunday night...........I lent my old girl to me m8 to collect his girl from stanstead,which turned out to be GATWICK,anyway half way round the M25 she boiled up,but he didnt notice straight away so god knows how long he drove her with no water in Still got the surf back at 0300 monday morning (just in time to go to work).I put in lots and I mean lots of water (about 1 & 1/2 watering cans) and Angie took her to work today a journey of about 10 miles and the temp gauge went up to 3/4,it aint never been that high going on so short a journey so I will have to investigate at the weekend.
                            Anyway the recovery truck only took 45 mins to get to my m8 so WELL DONE brittania.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                            X