BBC -Complete Rip Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC -Complete Rip Off

Just seen this and car`nt believe what they charge for all those repeats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4641006.stm

I once heard that the fee is so high because of all the digital channels they have on sky etc,but they have adverts on these channels, so does`nt that pay for anything??
    Stella Artois

I don't have a problem with what they charge only the fact that if you have no choice - if you want sky or whatever but not BBC you still have to pay the BBC. Only way to legally avoid it is what I do - don't have any form of TV. Just DVD's for me! I have had not tv for more than 7 years and honestly, I do not miss TV in the slightest.

Anything that sounds good just rent or buy on dvd (and then sell on ebay if its not that good or you won't watch it again) no adverts and only watch what you want when you want.

I don't do this to save money (cos I am sure it is more expensive) but you certainly save time and don't just veg out in front of the tv watching rubbish every night.

And please nobody start the whole "you have dvd/screen so you need a licence stuff" I have researched this and what I do is perfectly legal.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Also a bit of news slipped by the other day, its officially a Tax now, no longer a license fee. Dunno what the difference is, probably means you can't remove it!

But never fear, due to the increase of internet TV, they are going to introduce a PC tax soon. (not joking, do a search! )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Also a bit of news slipped by the other day, its officially a Tax now, no longer a license fee. Dunno what the difference is, probably means you can't remove it!
        Probably means I will soon have to pay wether I have TV or not!
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

It is a total joke.?? why can they not advertise like ITV, Channel 4, FIVE etc.. this way we would not have to pay that much.?? Like one of you have already mentioned even if you watch Telewest, SKY etc.. television you have to pay, its just not fair.??

With that 4.5% above inflation extra ontop does not help when you have not had a pay rise in your job for two years.!!!

We get slammed hard on Tax etc in Engalnd and its about time we left the European Market as that is a complete waste of time, as it is not what we went in it for in the begining.!!!

Officially we went in the European common market so that if we had for example:- tonnes of extra butter etc we could get rid of it to other countries and also UK farming would be helped out etc.. all we seem to get is loads of immagrants, French over rulling us on debates etc.

ITS ABOUT TIME WE RULED OURSELVES AGAIN AND WENT BACK TO GOOD OLD BLIGHTY.!!!!

IF WINSTON CHURCHILL COULD SEE THIS COUNTRY NOW HE WOULD TURN IN HIS GRAVE.??
          Last edited by SSRX3.0TDLE; 24 January 2006, 10:56.
          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

But never fear, due to the increase of internet TV, they are going to introduce a PC tax soon. (not joking, do a search! )

Basically a Licence Fee is a charge in return for a specific service.
            A Tax is a charge that does not require a service in return.

Comment

I think the last time that i watched the bbc was when England played in the last world cup.

So it looks like i pay my license for the occasional world cup game every 4 years

Comment

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/03/pc_tax/