• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember now!
    Attached Files

Comment

Back to the question

As for your handling, if they are the original tyres I would personally ditch them anyway. They may have sttod at the docks for some time, probably flat and then driven on to a boat. Carefully inspect side walls & treads for cracks, there have been a couple of cases of the original tyres failing.

Remember you are driving a rear wheel motor, with modern cars we have been spoilt for to long with front wheel drive and things like traction control. Its back to basics with the rear wheel drive. Hit a bend to fast and yes the back is gonna go.
      Whilst on a bend keep it nice and smooth, don't lift off the gas or hit the loud pedal. Keep steering smooth into the bends, no sudden movements of the wheel etc.
      I am not saying they are monsters to drive in the wet because they are not (ever driven a capri or the old 3.0 granada in the wet) they do handle well but need some respect. Like all cars there are things to consider, put cheapo tyres on and you will know about them in the wet. Weight of car, shocks/suspension all factor in to how a car handles.
      Just get your approach speed right, keep it all smooth and you will find they do handle well for a large motor.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

As Nigel says, back to the old rear wheel drive rules - slow into a corner and fast out.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          As Nigel says, back to the old rear wheel drive rules -

Is that anything like boot it hard on the way through and opposite lock on the way out ????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Is that anything like boot it hard on the way through and opposite lock on the way out ????

Thats the fun bit of a surf... I cant remember the last time i came out of my drive in a straight line!!
            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

jeez
              what a response, apologies for freudian slip in language, driving tips appreciated,condensation +++ miraculosly thing of past with the simplest solution i.e. switch to external air rather than recycling. would,nt have believed it if had,nt experienced it. Doh
              ta

Comment

It's chum, not chow
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  chow???... isn't that the fish guts that they use to attract Jaws?
                  Think your thinking of rubby dubby ya know same stuff they put in chinese
                  takeaways
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X