Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after 3 months of ownership

hi folks

a couple of questions to you all after 3 months of owning 1996 surf 3.0 intercooler.

1. in wet conditions i find my rear end all over when i am a bit keen on the juice, is this excess power or possibly jap spec tyres not coping.

2. the build up of internal condensation is phenomenal, the manual suggests using a/c as a de humidifier but this seems excessive.

any thoughts ?

Originally posted by nigelsheridan
    1. in wet conditions i find my rear end all over when i am a bit keen on the juice
    Howl..!!!!! lol...

Sorry mate that made me laugh.!!!!!!
    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

1. not driving wel for the conditions and possibly tyres, but it can't be THAT bad

2. make sure the heater control is switched for external air and not internal
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hi folks

a couple of questions to you all after 3 months of owning 1996 surf 3.0 intercooler.

1. in wet conditions i find my rear end all over when i am a bit keen on the juice, is this excess power or possibly jap spec tyres not coping.

2. the build up of internal condensation is phenomenal, the manual suggests using a/c as a de humidifier but this seems excessive.

any thoughts ?
        Have you got a cabin pollen filter, cos they can fill up with water, and mist you up.

PS your next question is 'where do I look for it' and my answer is I dunno cos I don't think I do, it was someone else who mentioned it a bit back

Comment

hi folks

any thoughts ?

Yep the air con helps. I'm not sure about the 3rd gens, do they have pollen filters? 'cos if they do and they're blocked, this has an effect on demisting.

Comment

Damn this port, slows down my typing!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Yep the air con helps. I'm not sure about the 3rd gens, do they have pollen filters? 'cos if they do and they're blocked, this has an effect on demisting.
              haven't seen one... but i guess it could be behind the dash, next to the elusive flux capacitor!

Comment

hi folks

any thoughts ?
                Do you have a hard/soft suspension switch? Set it on soft (normal) for the wet. It makes a BIG difference....

Build up of condensation. Mmmm, is it losing coolant? A problem could be a leaking heater matrix, but most likely to be just the wet weather we've been having recently. You get in the car, with wet clothes, and that moisture has to go somewhere, normally on the windows as condensation.

Hope that's all it is!!
                It just does, OK?

Comment

Yep i have to agree.
                  SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Damn this port, slows down my typing!
                    which port is it?... i might have a girl there or possibly been there in a storm?

Comment

Flip!! I've got the same problem as Vince!!

Takes too long to type! I need a thought keyboard.

Hang on, that could be dangerous!!!!
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        Flip!! I've got the same problem as Vince!!

Takes too long to type! I need a thought keyboard.

Hang on, that could be dangerous!!!!
                        Hang on i feel the ground shuddering.!!!!!
                        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

The drier in the air con circuit has probably never been replaced?

Leaky seals...?

In two wheel drive... the rear wheels are driver... and when shocks are 'soft' the rear goes light?

If its been lifted... the LPSV probably hasn't been adjusted, setting the brake bias off?

Comment

Right guys im off to bed.!!!

See you bright and early tomorrow.??

Its my BIG day my wheels and tyres are being delivered hopefully.??

Chow..

SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
                              Right guys im off to bed.!!!

See you bright and early tomorrow.??

Its my BIG day my wheels and tyres are being delivered hopefully.??

Chow..

chow???... isn't that the fish guts that they use to attract Jaws?

Comment

Working...
                              X