Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cmar
    What is an unbalanced V8 exhaust?
    normally on a v configured engine you have a piece of exhaust pipe just after the drop tubes from the manifold that links the left bank and right hand bank together, a bit like a ladder rung.on an unbalanced exhaust the left bank and right bank have no connection and run straight through from front to back.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Right, thanks for that. But why would you want a balanced exhaust then? Surely this would hinder gas flow...

Originally posted by vatchman
      normally on a v configured engine you have a piece of exhaust pipe just after the drop tubes from the manifold that links the left bank and right hand bank together, a bit like a ladder rung.on an unbalanced exhaust the left bank and right bank have no connection and run straight through from front to back.

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman

I didn't on my XR4i. It was a V6 with two straight through exhausts, one down each side of the transmission tunnel and ending in two up-swept cherry bombs in an E-type Jag kinda way.
        Sounded awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
          Right, thanks for that. But why would you want a balanced exhaust then? Surely this would hinder gas flow...
          It stops the cacklely popping noise when engine braking, which is why some people like it unbalenced . Performace is probably better balenced, as your smoothing out the back pressure between the two banks of cylinders, but I doubt its much different.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X