V8 exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 exhaust

as most of you will propably know by now i will be fitting the V8 very soon now,what i want to know is do i go for twin side exiting exhausts, and be a menace to society or do i go for the more [sleeper ]look and have a sing rear exiting exhaust.
    www.overfab.uk

Maybe I'm getting old now, but just loud is a little lame, I prefer a burble on my truck, with a nice rumble as you pull away.

I had non balenced twin pipes on my V8, on for each bank. That way you get a nice 'cough' when slowing down through the gears or on over-run, with a Turbo Muffler in the middle, then two 3" pipes next to each other to the rear.

Damn, can't wait till next year and the other house is sold and I can get that motor fitted in the Surf!!! :drool:
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Maybe I'm getting old now, but just loud is a little lame, I prefer a burble on my truck, with a nice rumble as you pull away.

I had non balenced twin pipes on my V8, on for each bank. That way you get a nice 'cough' when slowing down through the gears or on over-run, with a Turbo Muffler in the middle, then two 3" pipes next to each other to the rear.

Damn, can't wait till next year and the other house is sold and I can get that motor fitted in the Surf!!! :drool:
      sorry tony didnt meen to get you exited, but i know what you mean about the sound of an un balanced exhaust
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

I think a two exhaust system also. 3" Stainless, one eitherside at the back. Keep the baffles to a minimum though. Don't strangle that V8

Comment

Some nice sounds here. If your Surf sounds like any one of these, I'll be happy.
          Scroll down to the bottom of page to hear what a Toyota Tundra pick-up sounds like. Why can't we buy them in this country?

http://www.jbaheaders.com/Sounds.asp
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 December 2005, 20:55.

Comment

at the moment the engine is still in the corty,and that sounds just like a tvr griffin.its got a really throaty roar to it.i was thinking of using this exhaust but modding it to fit the surf,
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              as most of you will propably know by now i will be fitting the V8 very soon now,what i want to know is do i go for twin side exiting exhausts, and be a menace to society or do i go for the more [sleeper ]look and have a sing rear exiting exhaust.

Here is something for you to play with vatchman

http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=635&Overide=1

Comment

Thats just the right size for this years turkey!

Comment

I wish I had a picture to explain what I am about to screw up in text. I am a V8 petrol head to the MaXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and in my opinion (nb; my opinion before someone gets all twitchy) the best way to get a V8 to sound good is.................. Tail pipes.
                  And, in my experience, if you want to get that true V8 brute sound then you need to make the following tailpipe.
                  Take a piece of 4" x 2" stainless steel box section approximately 10" long, cap each end to form a box. Now make a hole in one end to accomodate your round pipe, which you can now slip onto your system.
                  Now for the tricky part to explain, at the opposite end to your round hole you need to cut out a rectangle on the underside, this hole should be just under 4" x 2". What you should end up with looks like a partially opened box of matches, with the rectangular hole facing down. Now get it polished and go fit it.
                  What happens is this......... the exhaust gases and thus the sound hit the back plate and then get fired at the ground and thus making the sweetest noise known and appreciated by the male of the species the world over.
                  I made two of these for a 1957 Chevy Belair....... and oh boy did they sound sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet as.....
                  Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

That sounds like a real short transmission line...

as in speaker enclosure... If I could find the book with the formula, I could probably tell you what the frequency was... mind you mixed with the idle revs... and the eight pulses... hmmmm, I can hear it now...

Comment

I know exactly what you're on about, I used to have a Vauxhall Royale and was working as a maintenance engineer at the time and I had access to mig. tig. and arc welding equipment and stainless tubing.
                      Any way the car was a straight six and I made a tuneable rear exhaust box for it so it could just purr, or sound like a full on NASCAR racer all from the twiddle of a couple of grub screws.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        Here is something for you to play with vatchman

http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=635&Overide=1
                        he,he.that would make a nice dinghy,i use to own an ex offshore power boat called wet and wild,27 foot long fitted with a 545 blue max mercruiser, V8 boy those were the days it use to cost me an arm and a leg.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

this is the corty exhausts
                          Last edited by surfenstein; 12 January 2008, 11:44.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

What is an unbalanced V8 exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                              What is an unbalanced V8 exhaust?

its one that never realy got over his ex getting HIS house,and her sharing it with her new bloke and now it stands outside staring at the windows, talking to himself in the rain drinking aldi sherry out of the bottle ....

i think
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X