No announcement yet.

Sat Nav, Your View's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saying that, road atlas is fine, but my bag's really heavy!... wish i had a lighter computerised version!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Comment

I drove to stutgart ( spelling ) and only had a mcdonalds bigmack map of germany that my mate sent me .
        only got lost twice .
        john
        ****** french...
        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          Hi, I'm seriously thinking of getting a satilite navigation system, and would like to hear your views on them, You know! What do you think of the one you've got? What the best/ most expensive? Whats the best for the money?
          Small screen or larger screen? Where did you position it? I'm not looking for
          info on fitting it just not sure which to get, I've seen one working, A Tom
          Tom, dont know which model, It had voice instruction and a moveing map,
          It was very good! Even i could follow the directions, I cant afford one outright and will probably have to get it on her indoors'smail order thing, And consiquently pay through the nose for it, Regards
          Ian.
          I also use Tom tom software on a pda for work. A-Z's and roadmaps are fine, but when it's dark and raining, and cars are parked obscuring road names, an illuminated map and voice guidance is a God send. You can also get warnings of speed camera's on it. If you think you'll get your money's worth out of one, go for a Tom Tom Go. I think they are down to around the £250 mark now.
          Pete

Comment

They're more accurate than a sat nav system then!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              They're more accurate than a sat nav system then!
              What are?

Comment

The MacDonalds Big Mac maps!

Comment

I've got a Tom Tom Go and it suits me fine - mainly cos my other half can't read a map .....

The only thing to watch out for is that sometimes it sends you down inappropriate roads - not often I must admnit but it's usually a road that's only 7' wide when you've got a 7' 6" caravan on the back !

I don't speed but I find the speed camera database very useful for reminding you ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                    What are?
                    £7.50 road atlas and a co-driver other than my missus and i can get to most places with no problems.
                    I spent 9 months working nights in London with a tom tom and navman and never have i got lost so often....i used to end up at dead ends and incorrect addresses all the time in the end i switched the bugger off and got the a-z from under the seat.
                    Plus they always seem to go wrong in bad weather and are a pain in tunnels etc

Comment

Originally posted by ukviha
                      £7.50 road atlas and a co-driver other than my missus and i can get to most places with no problems.
                      I spent 9 months working nights in London with a tom tom and navman and never have i got lost so often....i used to end up at dead ends and incorrect addresses all the time in the end i switched the bugger off and got the a-z from under the seat.
                      Plus they always seem to go wrong in bad weather and are a pain in tunnels etc
                      Not had any problems with mine, though I believe you can end up at the wrong address if you put the wrong address in.
                      Pete

Comment

Touche'

Comment

The new tomtom one rates very well but the 32 mb card is a bit lacking when the whole of the uk map goes on a 200mb including europe.. The 20 channel receiver will improve accuracy and save time on locking up plus also having a faster processor than the Go version. Other manufacturers do reasonable versions but tomtom rates very highly amongst the heavy goods vehicle users. I have added POI`s which include speed cameras tea bars and bridges..
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

See how the Testosterone feuled ego's come in...

I don't want a convenient satnav....I can navigate to moscow using only a postcode, stopping only to service the truck using only a swiss army knife I won from a mongolian strongman in an arm wrestling contest, and to beat a wild boar to death with my little finger to make my bacon butties....

Well you could, but I preffer to do things the easy way.

Comment

great gadget cant even ARGUE with the Wife now
                              nothing to do on a long journey now auto gearbox and bird in a box telling me where to GO
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

been using a Mitac Mio 268 for 6 months - had no problems - and it works brilliantly - even got speed camera warnings on it (via POI Warner) and it has always got me where I've wanted to get to with no fuss.

hell, I even found Linda and Tony's house with it!
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X