Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands Free Kit??

Hi All,

About to fit my "now I can forget about concentrating on driving" hands free phone kit this weekend....

My question to all who have one is Where Have You Put It?

I'm only asking coz I've only seen Hormy's and I wondered if there was anywhere else.

Ta.
    [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
    Hi All,

About to fit my "now I can forget about concentrating on driving" hands free phone kit this weekend....

I'm only asking coz I've only seen Hormy's and I wondered if there was anywhere else.

Ta.
    i couldn't find any good places for m,y cradle...
    remember when you fit it that you might wanna take it off again (phone upgarade/sell car etc.) and you wouldn't want screw holes right in front of the dash
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

On a 2nd gen anyway the lower centre dashboard panel which is below the main radio/ashtray/airstuff section is a simple enough piece of plastic perfect for screwing into, taking off and hiding wires behind, also simple to note the part no. and get a new one when you want to sell the surf. Cant be expensive

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
        i couldn't find any good places for m,y cradle...
        remember when you fit it that you might wanna take it off again (phone upgarade/sell car etc.) and you wouldn't want screw holes right in front of the dash
        I used a smart mount on the right hand vent

Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
          Hi All,

Ta.
          Ages ago I went to the Carphone Warehouse and bought a magnetic mount - magnet sticks to dash, small strip of metal sticks to phone - just the job - no screws etc
          just a thought
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

I got one that mounts by plugging in the cigarette lighter. See pic, (which I copied from e-bay) Speaker built in, charges up too. Can be set to answer without having to touch it. Not bad for £9.99 + £1 p+p
            Pete
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; 4 December 2003, 00:23.

Comment

I bought a blue tooth ear piece, no drilling, no screwing (but thats enough about my private life) !!! no messy wires and goes where ever you are.
              Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

Originally posted by ssrx
                I bought a blue tooth ear piece, no drilling, no screwing (but thats enough about my private life) !!! no messy wires and goes where ever you are.
                Yep got me one of those too. - marvellous invention
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

Mines fitted with one of those mountings that fit behind the dash panel (can't remember what they are called) mounted to the screws behind the heater controls - all you need to do is remove the upper dash panel and the heater control panel and you can mount it to them then reinstall the dash / heater panel. This brings it quite high which is where I like it.

Cheers

Comment

Iv'e mounted mine between the HF radio and the VHF radio, which is to the left of the UHF radio, just below the GPS and not too far from the traffic master, adjacent to the compass and the altimeter. At least I wont be distracted now

Sorry. I forgot, for a moment, that this is a serious thread
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      Iv'e mounted mine between the HF radio and the VHF radio, which is to the left of the UHF radio, just below the GPS and not too far from the traffic master, adjacent to the compass and the altimeter. At least I wont be distracted now

Sorry. I forgot, for a moment, that this is a serious thread
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        I got one that mounts by plugging in the cigarette lighter. See pic, (which I copied from e-bay) Speaker built in, charges up too. Can be set to answer without having to touch it. Not bad for £9.99 + £1 p+p
                        Pete
                        I got me one of those to Pete. Works a treat in my Surf and doesnt interfere with any buttons etc. Cant be bad for a tenner and got it from ebay too.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
                          I got me one of those to Pete. Works a treat in my Surf and doesnt interfere with any buttons etc. Cant be bad for a tenner and got it from ebay too.
                          i got one too. get some interference tho.
                          but it will do.
                          as they say
                          ITS GOOD TO TALK
                          PHONE HOME
                          and all that!!!
                          Pops

Comment

I made up my own one from some light metal I had lying around. Took a few careful measurements and bent and cut the metal to suit. A bit of satin black paint and some self tappers behind the center panel makes for a very neat finish (I think)
                            I'll post up a pic this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                              I made up my own one from some light metal I had lying around. Took a few careful measurements and bent and cut the metal to suit. A bit of satin black paint and some self tappers behind the center panel makes for a very neat finish (I think)
                              I'll post up a pic this evening.
                              slap a Patent on it buddy just in case we all want one.
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X