tow bar fiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tow bar fiting

just fitted my towequipe tow bar.but not sure if you should slide a backing plate in to the chasie or if it is strong enough can anyone help please
    www.floatingpontoonsolutions.co.uk

there should be a plate with captive nuts that goes inside the rail. that should be plenty strong enough.. you might also need a spacer to stop the plate behing the hitch itself hitting the bumper
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      there should be a plate with captive nuts that goes inside the rail. that should be plenty strong enough.. you might also need a spacer to stop the plate behing the hitch itself hitting the bumper

yes there are two captive nut's ware the tow eye bolt's on then two at the other end, the plate's i thought were the backing plate's must be said spacers
      thank's a lot
      www.floatingpontoonsolutions.co.uk

Comment

I've recently fitted same tow bar- captive nuts with paddle handles that are gold coloured go inside chassis. Damn good towbar- very strong.

Does explain quite well in instructions!! I suppose you only need to read them once you doubt your install!!

Comment

i probably should have mentioned this earlier.. have you painted it? they do reccomend it, prior to fitting.... er, sorry..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieboy
            just fitted my towequipe tow bar.but not sure if you should slide a backing plate in to the chasie or if it is strong enough can anyone help please
            Hi mate, i fit towbars for a living and had one of these on my surf, and towed a heavy steel transporter trailer several times, sometimes with my mates rangie on it, without any probs at all, towbars are tested by the manafacturer and if its type approved by a goverment test body, to beyond the vehicles towing capacity so, rest assured as long as you have fitted according to the instructions you wont have a problem.
            Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Working...
            X