20 litres of chip fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 litres of chip fat

Running at moment with 20 litres of new veg oil in the truck and topped up to full with derv. white smoke on start up and stinks like a chip pan thats been left on a bit too long.
    Also rough on startup for about 10 seconds then settles down to run quieter than on straight derv.

Power is the same and no side effects other than the stink and the choppy start up.

This is about 33% mix with the surf's 60 litre tank, I would not like to go any higher than this and probably will discontinue the use of oil after this trial as I just want to know what is and is not poss.

hope this proves of use to you all.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

veggy

yup i tried it for 3 weeks prior to xmas 15 litres to full tank start up was bad piles of smoke and sounding like it was missing .normally first turn was no problem.
    the smell was awful and the running of the surf was jerky initially, when driving i noticed a pinking sound until i put my foot down . i think it didnt run
    half as good as on diesel so i was a little worried about damage ive only got 65000 kms on clock so its back to diesel for me shame tho!!!!
    running as normal now sweet as a nut

Comment

I think there is something you can do with the timing, like lose a couple of notches he said very technically when running on vegoil.

I think it is still the way to go but am currently looking at Biodiesel or Biofuel (vegoil cut with thinners). I get the sense that un-pre-heated vegoil eventually gums the engine chamber.

I still think it is funny being able to run on birdseed.

Comment

mines been fine,but i dont put as much in as you have.i do 12-15 litres then fill up at the robbery station.is a bit rough for about 5-10seconds but then fine.
        just one thing tho,at idle the revs seem to ever so slighlty bounce.dont no if this is veg or not.i would have thought this is the idle control/throttle system sensor.but i dunno.anyone have any ideas?????

Comment

i run about 30ltrs to a full tank and if its really cold i put in up to 20% petrol, i put the petrol in a jerry can add veg mix well pour into surf tank then top up with diesel, i am awaiting the price of some heated wire to heat the injector lines before they enter the injectors for a few min`s whilst it gets up to temp.

Comment

Working...
          X