Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony

The guy at frogs has got a set of Premium Hub Warns for £100+vat is that good value? I notice they come with a limited lifetime warrantee. He has only got one set in stock. Are they easy to fit?

By the way, I'm off sick with nothing to do. Hence the vast amount of posts. Besides, I want to get to Senior member status!!

Originally posted by M35A2
    The guy at frogs has got a set of Premium Hub Warns for £100+vat is that good value? I notice they come with a limited lifetime warrantee. He has only got one set in stock. Are they easy to fit?

By the way, I'm off sick with nothing to do. Hence the vast amount of posts. Besides, I want to get to Senior member status!!
    Yeah, its cheaper £10 than AVM's from Milners, and a better hub IMHO.

Fitting's OK, not fitted a Warn set though, but generally all the same. Getting the cone washers off the drive plates is probably the hardest job, but its not that tricky with a big hammer!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Yeah, its cheaper £10 than AVM's from Milners, and a better hub IMHO.

Fitting's OK, not fitted a Warn set though, but generally all the same. Getting the cone washers off the drive plates is probably the hardest job, but its not that tricky with a big hammer!

Do Toyota make a set of manual hubs, and if so how much are they? Do you reckon they are worth the money? I keep thinking about all that wear and tear to the transmission, and it might even save me some money on juice?

Comment

Yeah, the Aisin's we mentioned are Factory fit, not sure how much, $300 has been bandied around on US website to buy new.

We paid $50 while in the US for ours and bought them home.

We fitted them so we could hoik the torsion bars higher and not wear out CV joints, but low range 2wd has been useful as well.

You're rumored to get 1ish MPG saving.

Comment

TONY, again.

Just spoke to Steve Manley at Oxford Toyota. He said he can do those Aisin hubs for £342.63 inc vat. Genuine Toyota Aisin's out the box. Not as bad as I thought. But I can get those Warn ones for £100+vat from Frogs. All I want them for is to save all the wear and tear on the front end. Not worth spending all that extra is it???

Cheers mate.

Comment

what is a limited lifetime warrentee, is it limited till you die. thats like buying a pack of batterys , and it saying batterys not included on the packet.

Comment

Just spoke to Steve Manley at Oxford Toyota. He said he can do those Aisin hubs for £342.63 inc vat. Genuine Toyota Aisin's out the box. Not as bad as I thought. But I can get those Warn ones for £100+vat from Frogs. All I want them for is to save all the wear and tear on the front end. Not worth spending all that extra is it???

Cheers mate.
              Nah, its not worth it, like I said, cheaper hubs only grenade themselves if you're running a front locker, really low gears, and trying to crawl up a large rock and the torque kills them.

Most offroading in the UK will be OK, and your not even doing that.

Comment

Hi,

Who are Frogs? Do you have a web site link?

thanks
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                  Hi,

Who are Frogs? Do you have a web site link?

thanks
                  Frogs island 4x4
                  http://www.frogsisland4x4.com/
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks woodzie, but cannot find any reference to Warn manual hubs so far! I 'll probably give them a call tomorrow.
                    Brian

Comment

If you want Aisin's try looking at US e-bay - there have been a few sets on there. Even with the postage and import duty they will probably be cheaper than you've been quoted in UK. Just make sure they are coming from an IFS truck.
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

whilst searching for the warn hubs, I found this...

http://www.schaffter.com/cars/4r/warnhubs.html
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cheers mate.
                          What make are the £55+vat hubs from Milners? Are they OK? I have a lift planned for mine some time in the future and Tony recommended manual hubs so I'm putting together a shopping list.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            What make are the £55+vat hubs from Milners? Are they OK? I have a lift planned for mine some time in the future and Tony recommended manual hubs so I'm putting together a shopping list.
                            They are made by AVM will be fine for most people, they arn't as strong as the more expensive brands, but I've not seen a set break in the UK while offroading normally. Strength only comes into it when you start running front lockers and it has to deal with 100% of the drive while the other front wheel is in the air.

They have more plastic parts, and the alloy body corrodes and looks scruffy quickly, but used to be so much cheaper than other brands that you could live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

They have more plastic parts, and the alloy body corrodes and looks scruffy quickly, but used to be so much cheaper than other brands that you could live with it.

I dont do a huge amount offroad, so ultimate strength probably wont be an issue (though a colleague with a 4.2 supercharged 'strange-rover' has been pestering me to join him and his mates in the Brecons) and the finish could probably be improved so they stay shiny longer. I assume the price is reasonable for what they are, or would you say the Warn ones are better?

Comment

Working...
                              X