Coils Springs Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dog book
    what exactly was the prob with the landcruiser springs? bad ride quality or just too high?

i might possibly be interested but my milners springs are doing ok at the moment but i think all the towing is taking its toll.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      dog book
      what exactly was the prob with the landcruiser springs? bad ride quality or just too high?

i might possibly be interested but my milners springs are doing ok at the moment but i think all the towing is taking its toll.
      The Landcruiser springs were way too stiff, no travel at all only tyre bounce..... Vince has some of these (LC HDJ80 coils).

So i got a new set spec'd up then got the rated reduced to something similar to the Milners coils but that would give me the same ride height as fitted HDJ coils.

Someone was asking about +2" coils and i used to have some but the rates were very soft and sagged with the shopping in the back!!!! I also think i'd like my back end a bit lower now so i was going to get some made that were slightly higher than the plus2" but with the new found higher spring rate which would then sort everything out??? Higher back end and also higher rate all in one!!!

So there ya go....... might move this to selling once ive measured mine and taken pics etc, i use procomp es3000 rear shocks from explorer and these work fine, i dont know about 'standard' shocks though as these might be slightly shorter but who knows!!

Mkay
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

This was the height of mine before the higher LC coils....

This is the height i want to acheive maybe with another 1/4" higher. ?I might get a ratchet strap to the back axle to find out exact measurements n stuff.

Its worth noting that even with +2" its best to get an extended brake line and one of those extended drop link thingys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
          This was the height of mine before the higher LC coils....

This is the height i want to acheive maybe with another 1/4" higher. ?I might get a ratchet strap to the back axle to find out exact measurements n stuff.

Its worth noting that even with +2" its best to get an extended brake line and one of those extended drop link thingys.
          I was hoping this was going to a fairly simple operation, ie throw the springs in the boot and hope they drop in somewhere

What else do i need to do when fitting the springs?? as far as i know my surfs standard. Apologies for being daft new to surfing.
          Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

also what shocks are you going to be running?
            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              also what shocks are you going to be running?
              *cry*

As mentioned before, i have the ES3000 fitted that came with the Explorer +2" coils that Explorer also say are there standard replacement shocks for the Surf.

Comment

Im just waiting to get some big ratchet straps to lower my back end by an inch then ill photo it again before and after so you all can get a good idea on what lift youll get, as said before should be the slightly higher than +2" but nice and stiff and not saggy........

I have measured mine from that little rectangle plugged into the frame at the very bottom to the top of the tyre and mine is 3". Can anyone else let me know theres???

Cheers

Comment

Im just waiting to get some big ratchet straps to lower my back end by an inch then ill photo it again before and after so you all can get a good idea on what lift youll get, as said before should be the slightly higher than +2" but nice and stiff and not saggy........

I have measured mine from that little rectangle plugged into the frame at the very bottom to the top of the tyre and mine is 3". Can anyone else let me know theres???

Cheers
                  How many more people do we need before we can get these made up?
                  Jez

Comment

2 more would be good, but i want to take some more photos just to make it as clear as possible and given correct instructions to the spring co.

Ok....i'm just suprised no one else would want lift springs that dont sag.

Comment

2 more would be good, but i want to take some more photos just to make it as clear as possible and given correct instructions to the spring co.

Ok....i'm just suprised no one else would want lift springs that dont sag.
                      I would love to but cant justify it yet and short of $££$, i will regret it in a few months.
                      Tim

Comment

Can you give a readers digest version of all I need to do a lift?? I have (as far as i know) standard everything. I ordered a snorkel from scorpion but they don't know where it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even better they cant tell when i'm gonna get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so gonna bin that idea and get a lift (more lift = less need for a snorkel simple

Need to know what its gonna cost all in, do i need new shocks, extended brake lines etc??

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
                          Can you give a readers digest version of all I need to do a lift?? I have (as far as i know) standard everything. I ordered a snorkel from scorpion but they don't know where it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even better they cant tell when i'm gonna get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so gonna bin that idea and get a lift (more lift = less need for a snorkel simple

Need to know what its gonna cost all in, do i need new shocks, extended brake lines etc??
                          its about £375 +p&p+vat for a 2" lift kit from roughtrax thats what i have just got springs shocks and torsion bars came out at about £460
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

For a 2" lift just wind up torsion bars and fir rear coils, also replace shocks ie explorer ones that will acomidate the lift which they say are standard size anyway. check rear brake line which should be fine if standard shocks are used but check if you fit new shocks as they may extend a little more. 2" lifts are easy any if you want a good ride then dont replace the bars as there uprated and standard ones are fine with a 2" lift....

Comment

dear elmer (water babe)

Originally posted by elmerfudd

you can get goodrich hoses for less than 40 quid a set,deep water realy f***** up your truck have you put breather pipes on your axels yet? if not that better be your first mod golly gone

Comment

Marvellous guys thank you for that!! everything was looking good until I read "breather for axle" jayzuz whys nothin simple????????

Comment

Working...
                                X