Coils Springs Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coils Springs Manufacturers

I seem to recall someone having some coils springs made for them. Anyone know who or where I can get some made?

TIA
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

my mate mentioned talking to someone a few weeks back...

they'd make anything (mainly do landrovers i think) but you need to know your figures of what the spring needs to do... i'll get the details tonight.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
      I seem to recall someone having some coils springs made for them. Anyone know who or where I can get some made?

TIA
      hi Dan are these standard springs or for a lift as i am thinking of a 2in lift so was just thinking if they were made up how much they are
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/ Could be worth a try.

Comment

Also, anyone got a set of standard (non sagged) and +2" springs lying around that can be measured? Need unsprung length and coil width and wire thickness.

I got a plan!

@Andy, found them earlier, thanks mate
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I used Coil Springs ltd to make mine, same ride height as land cruiser HDJ80 coils but lower rated as 180lbs was too much, i now have 160lbs ones which are roughly the same rating as the Milner +20% coils but with about 3" of lift. If you asked Neil the owner to do the same spec as min but with the ride height an inch lower then you'd be about right. And i'm sure these coils are much H/D than the Explorer UK +2" coils i took out!!!

If you were going to get some made as the same as mine but an inch lower then i'd be interested in a set ok???? email me or sumat cos mine cost about £120 lol
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

See if he'd do a bulk order discount. I'm sure a few others will get some if the price is right
              I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jonah
                See if he'd do a bulk order discount. I'm sure a few others will get some if the price is right
                Yep I could be interested in a set of 2" lift as I have a bit of a sag in the bum dept!!!
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Has anyone asked Coil Springs uk about this yet or is it up to me? And if so, how many of you will want some of the h/d 2.5" (ish) lift springs???

Answers bellow pls or ill end up doing this for myself again......

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                    Has anyone asked Coil Springs uk about this yet or is it up to me? And if so, how many of you will want some of the h/d 2.5" (ish) lift springs???

As in the post above - cost dependant but I could well be in for a pair!
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book

Me too, cost dependant as well though.
                      I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

I will ask them the right questions, but I'm still in need of the dimensions of an unsprung +2" spring!

Will need the height, width and wire size, anyone?
                        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                          I will ask them the right questions, but I'm still in need of the dimensions of an unsprung +2" spring!

Will need the height, width and wire size, anyone?
                          Ill call them once ive rechecked mine as they have full specs i gave them a while back. I have pics of my Surf 2" higher so i know where the back end should sit compared to where it is now.

Comment

Ive asked for a quote based on 6 sets of springs and this comes to around £70 a set. I need to get a proper quote as ill have to get them to send all the sets direct to yourselves as last time i posted some of these it cost over £10 without traceability

So...if i order 10 sets then the price will go down significantly Could anyone that wants a set of these list bellow of better still email me and ill see how many i get. Ill get a proper quote for 6 sets including VAT and delivery asap.

You will be purchasing a set of rear coils for your 2nd gen surf that will be based on the Land Cruiser HDJ80 coil but with a lower rate (to give an acceptable ride as the HDJ80 ones are far to stiff as Surf is lighter) similar to that of the Milner uprated standard height coils but an INCH lower than in the picture thus giving a slightly (around 1/4") higher than the 2" lift coils that are available on the market.
                            The advantage is that you get a genuine 2" lift coil that is truely heavy duty unlike the spring that can be purchased from main sellers. As the normal 2" lift spring sags as soon as a small amount of weight is put in the back or you go towing. I am sure many other people will back this up as i was one of them and got fed up after paying over £80 for weak 2" lift coils.

If this goes ahead i might move this tread to Selling Stuff and will pay the due amount for selling items on this website...ok???? Koi ?? £5 ???

Please email me any non stupid questions, thank you......

Comment

Ok, ive got the quote now and the prices look good if i can get enough plp to buy. So far i have only one reply by email (cheers dude you know who you are) so i cant go ahead untill i get at least 5 more. I can accept cheque or palpal to me email addy. Do not pay me anything until this is all confirmed. Please remember that these springs and for ones detailed in this thread but should be the same or slightly higher than the normal +2" lift coils, but uprated to carry more load comfortably

Please leave comments below or email me so i can get numbers then ill contact you all and leve a reply here to pay me. You will not get ripped off by me as other forum guys have bought of me and if pay by paypal then you get all my details automatically. I can also give you my SIA badge No. if you want and the police have my info on record for this goverment issued badge!!!

So there you got...please reply soon as ive only had one taker in 2 days and as you can see the order will take a while to be prossesed..

HI STEPHEN , THANKS FOR THE ENQUIRY.YES WE WILL BE PLEASED TO PRODUCE AND DESPATCH THESE FOR YOU.

ORDER QTY DELIVERED PRICE
                              PER PAIR INC VAT
                              1. 6 PRS £90.00

2. 12 PRS £80.00.
                              TO SAME SPEC AS SUPPLIED TO YOU , BUT 1.0" SHORTER FREE LENGTH.CURRENT LEAD TIME IS 5 WORKING WEEKS FROM RECEIPT OF ORDER +CHEQUE

Comment

Working...
                              X