What a Kerfuffle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The builders were very polite today when they asked me for more money

I recon that when Wifeys bulbs go she can either a) Pay Tony to replace them, B)Replace them herself or C) Drive in the dark for a while.

In all honestey, it would realy be a fairly simple job, if I had a socket set at home (I do Its on one of the boats) and was working in daylight.

Sod it Knuckles sort of fits, I guess, as in dragging them?
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

I,m still looking for the genius who designed the head lights on my wifes volvo v40, "simple spring clips" my @rse!
      Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
        a) Pay Tony to replace them,
        Now your getting the idea!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
          In all honestey, it would realy be a fairly simple job, if I had a socket set at home (I do Its on one of the boats) and was working in daylight.

Time to drop hints for an xmas pressie then !!!

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thats very funny!
            Thanks for sharing.
            We (well him with the greasy fingers) did ours in similar conditions....I don't think there is anyway on this earth our grille would have come off, he had a look and quickly moved to the batteries!
            Naomi
            AKA - Mamadwyvin
            www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

tears of laughter... you have summed up my feelings about working with cars perfectly. It is without doubt yet another candidate for worlds worst design award but removing the grill does make life considerably easier even though the catches that hold the grill on are liable to break.

Comment

Sorry Tony
                halfrauds will fit your bulbs for a fiver if you buy theres

i changed mine at the weekend when i did my bottom pulley, wot a sh1t job. not helped by the fact that i installed my air horn compresor inbetween the battery and inner wing,.doh.
                grill option is not an option for me with the full bars.
                having strugled,swore and bled i'm not inpressed with the new bulbs(halfrauds ice blue)
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I understand new bulbs are pointless without the loom upgrade - super zenons run hotter so I am pretty sure you will find they are even fussier about getting full volts, and my standard toyota loom was only getting 11V to the loom - now at 13.8 with a rockcrawler loom - which takes about the same time to fit as a pair of bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by Surfski
                    tears of laughter... you have summed up my feelings about working with cars perfectly. It is without doubt yet another candidate for worlds worst design award but removing the grill does make life considerably easier even though the catches that hold the grill on are liable to break.

You want a candidate for the worst design awards?................Try replacing the coolant bypass hose in pre-nineties Minis!

Comment

grill

As much as I'd hate to see TonyN lose out on a beer, taking off the grill is much quicker and it's then just four easily accessable bolts to get each headlamp out. Took me all of 20 mins to replace both front bulbs on mine.

the grill looks best bet actually, on reflection after all.

Can see the top two 10mm ? bolts, are there any further ones that
                      need to be removed please

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18742

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          You want a candidate for the worst design awards?................Try replacing the coolant bypass hose in pre-nineties Minis!
                          i can relate to that one Vince
                          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Nah if you want a real giggle, try changing the alternator or water pump on a 1984 Volvo 260, or changing the coolant and burping a Mk 1 Mr2!
                            Although Steve my marine Mechanic currently thinks changing the water hoses on Junos raw water circuit would be the winner for a bitch of a job!
                            Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

i think i would rather fit another tourque converter than a pair of bulbs. lol

i do hate cars i , fix and paint them all day but i hate getting in a new car for the first time and try to take a door panel off , we have bets on how many bits we will bust and i always win.
                              john
                              Last edited by johnd; 4 January 2006, 00:03.
                              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                                i had a box of bellows pipes that made it a bit easier , but a mini rear sub frame with the car on two stacks of wheels and scafholding board out on the road ( as my drive is to steep ) and all the bolts snapping is not fun..
                                john
                                i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
                                X