Fitted heated fuelcat for SVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted heated fuelcat for SVO

Fitted my heated fuelcat yesterday (thanks Philip!).
    Straightforward to fit (see pics), just needed a few jubilee clips and T-pieces from Partco.
    Have fitted it in conjunction with in-line standyne fuel heater (internal 10 degC thermostat switch) - heater off at 10 degC and heated fuel filter unit (controlled by a 40 degC thermostat switch attached to heated fuelcat, heater off when fuelcat exterior hits 40degC).

overriding the electric heaters at the moment with dash mounted on/off switch as not running on any SVO at moment.
    So when I finally get registered with C&E, probably at higher rate... The SVO mixture will be warmed and and thinned a little.

Will give updates of how heated fuel cat effects fuel economy etc
    Attached Files
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Please do let us know...
    Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

I have spoke to Philip about his fuel cat. Looks like the same thing that is on Ebay. Please advise as I am also in need of some sort of fuel heat. ie: worth the money.

Comment

Only had it fitted for a fews days. Been running 50:50 veg/diesel.
        the unit seems to get hot from coolant quickly, and my 40 degC thermotat switch controlling elec heater cuts out after 5-7mins when the outside of unit gets to 40 degC.

NB. the heated Fuel cats aren't just heat-exchangers, then also contain a catalyst system - which allegedly can improve fuel economy by
        8-16%. Also said to have a whole host of other benefits, by improving combustion of fuel.
        the catalyst only systems cost 60-80quid alone

I havent even run a tank of fuel through it yet, so cannot comment on impovement in efficiency!

the ones on ebay are probably heat-exchangers only and no catalyst.
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Ive been running my heated fuel-cat for a couple of months and I'm getting about an xtra 20ks per tankfull. (I havent done any precise recordings cos I forgot to do the maths befor I fitted it but I am visiting the petrol station a lot less) and the old girl seems to perform better. I got mine from TonyN and Linda as well.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

how long do they take to fit and could a complete numpty like myself fit one and last does it mean you can run on a higher mix in the winter cheers Dave...
            if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Seem to be alot of people offering these heated fuel catalyst. Which is the best quality and price? Where can I find these products? Who is the elusive Tony D? I am very interested in purchasing one of these so if you are out there feel free to email on "xhangar18@btinternet.com. Thanx again everyone on all the support given on this forum. Hey does anybody organise off road outings?

Comment

Originally posted by xhangar18
                Seem to be alot of people offering these heated fuel catalyst. Which is the best quality and price? Where can I find these products? Who is the elusive Tony D? I am very interested in purchasing one of these so if you are out there feel free to email on "xhangar18@btinternet.com. Thanx again everyone on all the support given on this forum. Hey does anybody organise off road outings?
                Look out for a guy on here called Phillip who owns fuelcat.
                Also look in the offroading centres and greenlaning forum sections for up and coming meets.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                  how long do they take to fit and could a complete numpty like myself fit one and last does it mean you can run on a higher mix in the winter cheers Dave...
                  It takes about 20 mins to fit and is easy,mind you it took me,pops,vagrant (Rick),jotto,Koi,Roger (Gamedawn) and Mark about 1 1/2 hours to decide how and where to put it,when we was at the 4x4 show mind you it could have had somthing to do with the beer but I doubt it (much)
                  I got mine from Tony & linda at www.4x4toys.co.uk
                  Last edited by sumo; 17 October 2005, 20:33.
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                  X