Customs Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M35A2
    Simple. Use it anyway, and "forget" to tell Mr Brown. Honesty in this day and age gets you broke, fast.
    100% agree, every single thing you do in this country seens to cost more and more, we are literally being driven to lie and break the law, just to survive. Its so depressing.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I wrote the swines - HMC&E a long letter yesterday, in reply to their letter (identical to the one Bushwacker received) in order to justify why I thought SVO should qualify the lower rate of duty. Basically I stated their policy and answered why SVO met or exceeded these statements.
      Will let you know how I get on, but I dont hold my breath as they seem to be digging in their heels with this one, even if in my opionion their argument is flawed...

lies and greed!
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

What do you say to a C&E operative on a saturday afternoon?

"A big mac meal please"!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          What do you say to a C&E operative on a saturday afternoon?
          "A big mac meal please"!
          and you'd probably get a cheeseburger.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            and you'd probably get a cheeseburger.
            and fries cooked in best dino diesel!

they are such friggin numbnuts!!!!!!!! -rant over - but I feel better
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by the careful driver
              Ooo ooh I know something

Methanol and Caustic Soda (Potassium Hydroxide) are used to convert Vegoil to Biodiesel. They do not stay in the fuel, or should not, if it is cleaned, washed and filtered well afterward.
              Transesterification - the conversion of one ester into another. In this case, the conversion of the triglyceride into (mostly) the tri-methyl ester, from the mix of esters previously present. This should lower the melting and gel points, and make it (slightly) more suitable for use as a road fuel. The reaction takes place quicker under alkaline conditions, hence the addition of caustic (sodium hydroxide).
              However, SVO is still well in excess of 96.5% ester, and there is no way the vegetable oil suppliers would allow anything approaching 50ppm sulphur - this is a food-grade product, after all...

I am calm.

I am not getting annoyed.

I am NOT incandescent

I am...

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
              X