Customs Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs Letter

This is letter to James in Scotland, any thoughts on this one.
    Philip
    Not sure if letter attached or not.
    Attached Files
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Can see its there.

Did better than i thought.
    Philip

Originally posted by Philip
    This is letter to James in Scotland, any thoughts on this one.
    Philip
    Not sure if letter attached or not.
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

any thoughts on this one.
      Not that are printable.

A quote from the very website that dumbass is telling you to look at...

"In the UK the government have recently introduced a new tax incentive for vegetable oil based fuels. The definition of biodiesel is 'an ester of vegetable oil fatty acid', which includes methyl ester (biodiesel made with methanol) and ethyl ester etc. Also, from a technical perspective, vegetable oil in it's pure form is an ester, therefore it also comes under the tax ruling. The duty payable on biodiesel is now 27.1 pence per litre (+ VAT), as opposed to 47.1 pence for ultra low sulphur diesel."

Its all rubbish, if you can use used veg oil, then surely you can use new veg oil!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

bit about WVO was probably meaning that if you can get it cheap enough you could still pay mr brown 49p/ltr and make it cheap enough to be viable! not that they'd let you have the reduced rate of tax, b*****ds.
        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
          bit about WVO was probably meaning that if you can get it cheap enough you could still pay mr brown 49p/ltr and make it cheap enough to be viable! not that they'd let you have the reduced rate of tax, b*****ds.

Simple. Use it anyway, and "forget" to tell Mr Brown. Honesty in this day and age gets you broke, fast.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            Simple. Use it anyway, and "forget" to tell Mr Brown. Honesty in this day and age gets you broke, fast.
            as if............................
            Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

The more I read of this bureaucratic claptrap, the more happy I am that I didn't submit my forms!

Comment

Not being a chemist or anything, am i correct in saying that you need to use two quite dangerous chemicals to make bio diesel? Do the chemicals stay in the fuel once its been, ever what the long word is, to make bio diesel, that the government say is OK to pay lower taxes on?
                Sent email to Lord Davisd Hunt, He said he will look into it and i am seeing him on Monday.
                Let you know what he says, although don't hold out any hope. Best one to Lobby is probably Ken Livingstone as i believe he is very enviromentaly aware.
                Philip
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

transesterficationated?
                  dont mention 4x4 to ken, mind.....
                  phillip, dont spose you are selling your lovely fuel warmers at stoneliegh this weekend?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Not being a chemist or anything, am i correct in saying that you need to use two quite dangerous chemicals to make bio diesel? Do the chemicals stay in the fuel once its been, ever what the long word is, to make bio diesel, that the government say is OK to pay lower taxes on?
                    Sent email to Lord Davisd Hunt, He said he will look into it and i am seeing him on Monday.
                    Let you know what he says, although don't hold out any hope. Best one to Lobby is probably Ken Livingstone as i believe he is very enviromentaly aware.
                    Philip
                    i'll have a word with my dad and see what he can come up with... usually only jumping the queue for a heart bypass, but you never know!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

This idiot is applying the same double-think as before
                      On the one hand he is saying WVO once treated (i.e. cleaned) is acceptable, but SVO is not. But treating WVO (filtration, de-acidification) merely returns to a state of being SVO.
                      This is purely an exercise in revenue protection - they do not want to allow people to pay the lower rate of duty, so they

LIE

Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Tax Fun

Originally posted by TonyN

"In the UK the government have recently introduced a new tax incentive for vegetable oil based fuels. The definition of biodiesel is 'an ester of vegetable oil fatty acid', which includes methyl ester (biodiesel made with methanol) and ethyl ester etc.

Also, from a technical perspective, [i]vegetable oil in it's pure form is an ester,

Vegetable oil is a tryglyceride with esters (I sound like I know what I am talking about but I don't really. The point is to sound more convincing than the person you are writing too ?)

Try

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triglyceride

and

http://www.campa-biodiesel.de/caengnof/caenkra2.htm

Which I think just goes to backup what the last speaker said.

But I am not sure

Comment

am i correct in saying that you need to use two quite dangerous chemicals to make bio diesel? Do the chemicals stay in the fuel once its been, ever what the long word is, to make bio diesel

Ooo ooh I know something

try

http://www.campa-biodiesel.de/caengnof/caenkra1.htm

for an overview. Generally an excellent site.

Methanol and Caustic Soda (Potassium Hydroxide) are used to convert Vegoil to Biodiesel. They do not stay in the fuel, or should not, if it is cleaned, washed and filtered well afterward.

Most of my info is from web research. I haven't taken the plunge yet but am trying to work out if any of the Surf parts (fuel delivery lines/fuel pumps, gaskets, filters) are made of rubber, which might have teething problems + rotting when using biodiesel.

The main point of all these fuels is that they do not add to greenhouse gases. Vegoil is even better than Biodiesel in this respect, so of course is a Biofuel will brilliant ecological credentials, which the tax people might like to consider if they are taking a 'Team UK' approach. I think this was actually the main point of the legislation - to reduce CO2 emissions.

We probably all knew that last bit though. Pls excuse.

Comment

OK, a non-Fosters fueled reply this morning....

What we should be asking is, why is SVO not classified as a "deisel quality-capable as being used for the same purpose as heavy oil"

Which it is, our truck been quite happily running on it the last year.

How is a 2 tank system, starting on deisel then switching over to veg to over come cold veg issues any different to a LPG system on a petrol car? These systems won't start on LPG, you have to start on petrol and then switch to LPG.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                              This idiot is applying the same double-think as before
                              On the one hand he is saying WVO once treated (i.e. cleaned) is acceptable, but SVO is not. But treating WVO (filtration, de-acidification) merely returns to a state of being SVO.
                              This is purely an exercise in revenue protection - they do not want to allow people to pay the lower rate of duty, so they

LIE

Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                              X