yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between a SSR X and a SSR G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between a SSR X and a SSR G?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 3rd gen SSR X and an SSR G. I can find loads of X's on the net but not many G's but apart from the back mirror, I can't see any difference! please help.
    Cheers
    Windsurfer.

You got it sussed out already, most other things are optional.

Comment

ssrx ssrg diffrences

hi dont quote me but i have an ssrg and the diffrences i have noticed from ssrx seem to be power mirror ,wooden dash effect,compass ,external temp guage,altimeter,metal stainless cover on back bumper, ssrg models seem to have all the extras fitted on them ,also most fitted with intercooler seem to be the top spec model whatever you choose i looked for one with sunroof this is great as you hardly need to use the climate control.remember fuel prices are a big issue and model specs might look dearer but when you get to the haggling stage they only make the car more sellable

Comment

Originally posted by nottyhorror
        hi dont quote me but i have an ssrg and the diffrences i have noticed from ssrx seem to be power mirror ,wooden dash effect,compass ,external temp guage,altimeter,metal stainless cover on back bumper, ssrg models seem to have all the extras fitted on them ,also most fitted with intercooler seem to be the top spec model whatever you choose i looked for one with sunroof this is great as you hardly need to use the climate control.remember fuel prices are a big issue and model specs might look dearer but when you get to the haggling stage they only make the car more sellable

Not quite, I know of a few SSRG's with no wood effect, then again you don't mention your SSRG has full Recaro interior, a lot do.
        Its a lottery as to what you get, I have seen SSRX's with Recaro's, optional extra's are plentiful in Japan.
        I think you will be hard pushed to find and two Surfs of the same spec with the same equipment in them.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

My SSRG has no wood effect, no outside temp etc, but does have recao interior.

no..I wouldn't swap
          The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Comment

My SSR-G has the rear mirror, wood dash, temp, compass and altimeter, all singing & dancing ICE with TV, Sat nav etc (which doesn't work over here!), climate control, rear heater, twin battaries but no sunroof or intercooler. How do you tell if it has Recaro interior, drivers seat does have adjustable lumbar stuff? Don't know if mine has but if mine is better than standard the standard ones must be deckchairs! The seats are THE most uncomfortable I've ever sat in, very mean & skinny, built for a tiny Nip, not a fine beer drinking Englishman.

The one difference that is a dead giveaway is the SSR-G badge rather than the SSR-X badge!!!
            Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
              My SSR-G has the rear mirror, wood dash, temp, compass and altimeter, all singing & dancing ICE with TV, Sat nav etc (which doesn't work over here!), climate control, rear heater, twin battaries but no sunroof or intercooler. How do you tell if it has Recaro interior, drivers seat does have adjustable lumbar stuff? Don't know if mine has but if mine is better than standard the standard ones must be deckchairs! The seats are THE most uncomfortable I've ever sat in, very mean & skinny, built for a tiny Nip, not a fine beer drinking Englishman.

The one difference that is a dead giveaway is the SSR-G badge rather than the SSR-X badge!!!
              I have the same as you + intercooler and no sunroof.

These are standard seats, Recaro seats are black with bucket seat sides.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                I have the same as you + intercooler and no sunroof.

These are standard seats, Recaro seats are black with bucket seat sides.

There mine, fresh from the inquisition...........now where did I put that haemaroid cream...................
                Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

3rd gen recaros are slightly different than 2nd gen.
                  They do not have the piece on the front of the base that extends and they do not have fishnet headrests they have blades instead.
                  I will try and post a pic later when the missus gets back.

p.s they are very comfy and i am 16 stone and 6 feet tall.

Comment

"Show us your seats"!

Originally posted by bell end billy
                    3rd gen recaros are slightly different than 2nd gen.
                    They do not have the piece on the front of the base that extends and they do not have fishnet headrests they have blades instead.
                    I will try and post a pic later when the missus gets back.

p.s they are very comfy and i am 16 stone and 6 feet tall.

Lets see these seats then Bell End Bill, I'm dying to see what the Recaros are like on a 3rd gen (I know, I'm sad like that!)
                    Windsurfer.

Comment

As promised....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by windsurfer
                        Can anyone tell me the difference between a 3rd gen SSR X and an SSR G. I can find loads of X's on the net but not many G's but apart from the back mirror, I can't see any difference! please help.
                        Cheers
                        Windsurfer.

Hello Mate,

I own a 2nd Gen SSRG. It has the high level brake light in the spoiler, full Recaro interior, cruise control, wind deflectors on all windows, rear heater, 12 disc cd multi-changer, nice Toyota Hilux floor mats, PIAA multi reflector fog lights, and a double set of very loud horns. It doesn't have a wood efect dash (don't think the 2nd Gen has those?) and it doesn't have a sunroof. The place I got mine from had 4 SSRG's. One had every extra you could think of including little spot lights in the bottom of the bumper, and a sunroof. The other had a sunroof, but no fog lights and no tinted windows. The other 2 never had a sunroof (mine included). Every truck seems to have a different audio system fitted, as I've never seen 2 the same. Seems like a real lottery. Here are my seats.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
                          As promised....
                          those are out of a 2 door car and fitted on the wrong sides... they've got the tilt levers on the sides!.... or am i wrong?
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            those are out of a 2 door car and fitted on the wrong sides... they've got the tilt levers on the sides!.... or am i wrong?

Just noticed that myself. My passenger seat has the tilt lever on the nearside and the drivers on the offside. It might be a drivers seat fitted to the passenger side?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                              Just noticed that myself. My passenger seat has the tilt lever on the nearside and the drivers on the offside. It might be a drivers seat fitted to the passenger side?

nah, on the SSRG I had the recaros and they have the tilts levers on both sides of the seat. The large round knob lower down to alter the back position tilt forward or back is on the outside of the seats only.
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Working...
                              X