Why are eyes so delicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    Been looking at these, but didn't know if they were any good, the field of view seems a little small, but its a big jump in price to the more 'reputable' ones. Maybe I'll get one anyway it's much in the big scheme of things.

Want one of these.....

http://www.uktools.com/product_info....ducts_id=11506
    It was a choice of buy a cheapo and see if it worked or nothing as I just couldn't justify spending £100 ish on a bit of kit that would get used 3 or 4 times a year. Mind you after getting my just about new SIP Merlin 210DV for £50 on flea-bay I should be willing to splash out on something!

One mistake though, needs 5kW full bore, I make that a 21amp supply it needs!
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

i had "superglue eye" on Friday!the instructions recommended calling a physician, but i found blinking worked and it didn't take 2 weeks for an appointment!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Of course ... if he'd been wearing the mask he has rather than hankering after a posh one he wouldnt have burned his eye at all......

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Forgive me for a second, but I think I know where he went wrong,
          One of the most common mistakes made when welding is not pulling the mask down before striking an ark.
          This can easily be rectified by PUTTING DOWN THE ANGLE GRINDER, thus leaving one hand free to operate the mask!

Or, as you say, get a self tinting mask, but then you have to remember to lift it before drinking the cup of tea that is going cold over there....

Tony with his new mask?
          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

hehe, its not a big deal, the trouble was, I was trying to get up inside the inner wing of a silly little Citroen AX, could barely get my head up there, let alone a mask, with one hand was holding the peice of metal in place. So it was just a case of hide the main part of the arc behind the nozzle, squint and hope for the best!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X