No announcement yet.

Panic buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt psychology a wonderful thing....all the hauliers and farmers said was that they were going to protest outside the refineries on tuesday to show their (and MY) disgust at the price of fuel and the lack of effort on the governments part to keep the price of fuel at a reasonable level.They are NOT going to stop any tankers from leaving the depots or halt deliveries....
    Then the MEDIA got hold of the story and WHAM all of a sudden its a blockade and panic buying.......a shortage of fuel at the gas stations and lots of front page headlines..no need to demonstrate now Mr joe public got the message big time....Just remember if we (yes I do include myself in this as a truck driver) want to we could close this country with in a week.
    If you want it or got it we delivered it
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Only one fuel station left open in my local area and they have today put derv up to 100.9 pence per litre, talk about profiteering
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
        Only one fuel station left open in my local area and they have today put derv up to 100.9 pence per litre, talk about profiteering
        remember, revenge is a dish best served cold. Take your custom elsewhere afterwards.
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Been told the local garage was out ouf fuel approx 3ish this afternoon.

Wot a joke of Gordon Brown blaimng OPEC for not producing enough oil, talk about trying to throw the blame of heavy costs on fuel on others instead of reducing the duty like France and America have. Its funny how the americans can do this at a time when their oil producttion was hit with the hurricane but all our government can do is pass the blame.

It also shows that after the last blockades that the government changed the law to accommodate for future protests [easier to arrest and prosecute]....so much for a government for the people

From the site mentioned prior
          For every £50 that goes in your tank £37 goes to the government. For the average family a 1 pence increase in fuel prices would cost that family an extra £46 per year.
          The government spend approximately £6 billion on roads and local transport, but a staggering £36 billion is collected in road taxation
          Last edited by Gizmo; 13 September 2005, 20:34.
          Gaz

Comment

Government
            Us
            So many ways to get it right, yet each time they choose to get it so very wrong.
            Now understanably people are worried and panic buying, sadly this only shows the emotionless bean counters in government how desperate and addicted we are to our fuel, therfore implying that we could happily pay more before we stop buying it.
            Net result,

no gain

If we realy wanted to make a difference we would all srop buying for a week or two, that would make a significant gain, rather than our current loss.
            Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

It is a pity that there isn't an election looming, I bet that Mr Brown would be a lot more complient if there were

Andy.

Comment

I predict it will all be over by Friday. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                  It is a pity that there isn't an election looming, I bet that Mr Brown would be a lot more complient if there were

Andy.
                  didn't work last time
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog

If we realy wanted to make a difference we would all srop buying for a week or two, that would make a significant gain, rather than our current loss.
                    Bingo, but people (the people who can, some people can't) arn't prepared to make the sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Bingo, but people (the people who can, some people can't) arn't prepared to make the sacrifice.

Those who can........................... ....................Teach!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Those who can........................... ....................Teach!

And todays lesson.....

Apathy and your future.

Comment

here in camborne we have only got Tesco filling station and since they have been here 2 privately owned filling stations have closed down.People have been queing for fuel at the buisiest times of day and totally blocking the main road in and out of the town.People have known what was going to happen so why don't they fill up b4 now instead of causing hassle to everyone else
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

One way for the Government to make enough money to do away with the fuel tax completely, is to tax the STUPID PEOPLE!

Comment

Oi!! leave us stupid people alone.....

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                                here in camborne we have only got Tesco filling station and since they have been here 2 privately owned filling stations have closed down.People have been queing for fuel at the buisiest times of day and totally blocking the main road in and out of the town.People have known what was going to happen so why don't they fill up b4 now instead of causing hassle to everyone else
                                The roads here are a joke and people queing both ways are blocking the road which caused me to proceed at full speed with my air horns on full chat.
                                Tim
                                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                                X