• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hears my rig

Full of Toyotas
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      Hehe I read M35's post about 4 times and more and even listened to the wife (for a minute!) and just didnt want to scroll down coz I know what I know and its very funny

Hope Slugmans moved on from the daycab DAF though

500 horsies in a V8 RCab ooooooooooh hehehehehehehe, now a topline would be something!

Well beggars can't be choosers, I get what I'm given. Topline would be very nice, but who's to say I'm not a dwarf?? Besides, all that extra cab would keep those horses saddled!

Daycab hey, bet thats a bummer with 4hrs POA!!

Comment

Try this for power.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmm.............. You wanted power, I give you lots of POWER!!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by simono
            I also drive a 15 ton leaf-sprung, undampered, drum-braked firetruck, and we push those to the edge of adhesion......and beyond, I have had the back end drift on a few corners too!!
            Dont do that Simon, remember **** happens firemen too

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
              Is it because of the tyers I have, or are all Surf's as slippy FCUK in the wet? If I even think of appliying the brakes in the wet the front locks up! (well a slighrt exagguration) on islands it either understeers or oversteers!

I have got the Brdgestone Winter Dulers that most Surf's have on them when they come over from Japan. When they wear out, what are the best tyers to fit to stop me from going up someones derier in the wet?

Thanks.
              "Radials"

Comment

Originally posted by sad old git
                "Radials"
                all i know is my tyres r black with white funky writting on the walls and i just drive slower when its wet...
                lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
                  all i know is my tyres r black with white funky writting on the walls and i just drive slower when its wet...
                  Ah! the voice of reason.And for all you hairy ar*ed truckers out there,this is the wife's runabout.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
                    I have had my surf for over a year and I am more than capable to control a car in many conditions, most cars I have owned have been RWD and have had anything from 150 to 206 BHP, with live or IDR's axles, some with LSD's. I have driven an Audi Quattro RS2 to Monaco and back a Masarati Bi turbo around Southport and had a go of a couple of BMW M3's most cars I have driven I like to get Broadside and a bit of oppositte lock! I have driven 7 1/2 tonne waggons that handle and brake better in the wet, than my Surf, that is why i thought it must be the tyres. I have even adjusted the tyre presure up and down to get the best grip, but it seems to be the fact that the tyres Bridgestone Winter Dulers are not very good in the wet!
                    So therefore.......

Surfs arn't deathtraps in the wet, you just have ****py tyres and are driving beyond them and the trucks limits.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                      Mmmmmm. Interesting comments. I see you don't want to say what you do for a living, maybe it's driving a desk????? As for "drive something with a bit of power", what a laugh, I nearly fell off my chair. I drive for a living and do you know what I drive??? It's something called a Scania R500 V8 16lt. That's 500BHP of hard core 16lt V8 diesel POWER. So maybe I am in the real world after all. I would say that it's a lot more realistic than the one you live in as I very,very much doubt you have ever got close to driving something with so much POWER. So I think I can say with confidence that a Surf HAS got shed loads of bottom end grunt, and would pull a fully loaded artic with enough weight over the back end. Maybe you should try it. If your not happy you could always buy a Suzuki Vitara!!
                      dude... thought you worked for GIST!!.. where are their 500hp motors??
                      don't comment if you're gonna tell porkies!!...
                      and it's only recently that they've stopped running daycabs.

when was your last night out?... POA???... you have time to stop???.. get a real mans job!

"deleted this bit!"
                      Last edited by da SLUG man; 29 August 2005, 01:04.
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        So therefore.......

Surfs arn't deathtraps in the wet, you just have ****py tyres and are driving beyond them and the trucks limits.

hehehe!!... had a call from my sister today... her husband wants an M3 convertible... they live in aberdeen, the motor they've seen is in west drayton... i gotta go check it out!!!... 0-60 5.5secs top speed 155mph... looks like fun for my bank holiday!!

Comment

there's a couple of truck pics... and a dirty surf pic... don't suppose you've done that either!!

(it's a DAF CF85 380) but i don't s'pose you ever do 44t on supermarket work with your 4 wheelers!
                          Attached Files

Comment

nice desk matt!
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              there's a couple of truck pics... and a dirty surf pic... don't suppose you've done that either!!

(it's a DAF CF85 380) but i don't s'pose you ever do 44t on supermarket work with your 4 wheelers!

No we do 44t work with our six wheelers. Yes, I can see it's a Daf. Ours are 430 6x4. Not had daycabs for 2yrs. The Scania's are used for heavy trunks. Most of the Scania's are at Spalding, but we've got a couple. As far as nights out go, why would you want to do something like that. While your sweating your nads off in some smelly layby, I'm at home tucked up in bed with the missus.

As far as getting dirty with the Surf goes, I didn't buy it for that. I will leave that sort of capper for my truck. My M35A2.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Trick is to slow down a bit.
                                French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X