No announcement yet.

Death Trap in the Wet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotta say, it's still bad driving!... if you've got **** tyres then slow down!... and as for "the power of the beast", what a load of rubbish!!... it wouldn't pull your foreskin back, so it's hardly gonna smoke the tyres off the lights!!
    you're living oin a dream world!!

you're all living in a dream world!... drive something with a bit of power, then go back to your surfs and you'll never know what you were complaining about!!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
      Is it because of the tyers I have, or are all Surf's as slippy FCUK in the wet? If I even think of appliying the brakes in the wet the front locks up! (well a slighrt exagguration) on islands it either understeers or oversteers!

I have got the Brdgestone Winter Dulers that most Surf's have on them when they come over from Japan. When they wear out, what are the best tyers to fit to stop me from going up someones derier in the wet?

Thanks.
      Err...drive appropriatly for the car you're in and the road conditions. Remember- wet roads in summer can be hazardous due to oil build-up on the surface (saw three crashes one morning recently due to rain after a hot spell). Above all though- a Surf won't handle like a sports car!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        gotta say, it's still bad driving!... if you've got **** tyres then slow down!... and as for "the power of the beast", what a load of rubbish!!... it wouldn't pull your foreskin back, so it's hardly gonna smoke the tyres off the lights!!

you're all living in a dream world!... drive something with a bit of power, then go back to your surfs and you'll never know what you were complaining about!!
        Matt, your getting a bit emotive for 5 am, Thats normally a 'just got back from the pub' type post!

I agree mostly though.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Check out how old your tyres are, all tyres have a date "DOT" code on them -something like 123 or 342. 12 means its week 12 and the 3 means the tyre were made in 1993. When i bought my surf it still had tyre made in 1994 and they were hard and starting the perish, even if you have tyres that were made just a few years ago if the truck has been stood around for a while (imports often are before they are bought up by exporters) then the rubber goes hard and just wont grip as it should.

The trucks got a fairly high centre of gravity plus it`s rear wheel drive with a live axle so its never going to corner like most front wheel drive family cars but with a little care you can still get a move on with it.
          Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Matt, your getting a bit emotive for 5 am, Thats normally a 'just got back from the pub' type post!
            yeah, but the pub closed at 1am!... i haven't got a clue what happened between then and 5am!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I have had my surf for over a year and I am more than capable to control a car in many conditions, most cars I have owned have been RWD and have had anything from 150 to 206 BHP, with live or IDR's axles, some with LSD's. I have driven an Audi Quattro RS2 to Monaco and back a Masarati Bi turbo around Southport and had a go of a couple of BMW M3's most cars I have driven I like to get Broadside and a bit of oppositte lock! I have driven 7 1/2 tonne waggons that handle and brake better in the wet, than my Surf, that is why i thought it must be the tyres. I have even adjusted the tyre presure up and down to get the best grip, but it seems to be the fact that the tyres Bridgestone Winter Dulers are not very good in the wet!
              I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

Mmmmmm. Interesting comments. I see you don't want to say what you do for a living, maybe it's driving a desk????? As for "drive something with a bit of power", what a laugh, I nearly fell off my chair. I drive for a living and do you know what I drive??? It's something called a Scania R500 V8 16lt. That's 500BHP of hard core 16lt V8 diesel POWER. So maybe I am in the real world after all. I would say that it's a lot more realistic than the one you live in as I very,very much doubt you have ever got close to driving something with so much POWER. So I think I can say with confidence that a Surf HAS got shed loads of bottom end grunt, and would pull a fully loaded artic with enough weight over the back end. Maybe you should try it. If your not happy you could always buy a Suzuki Vitara!!
                Last edited by M35A2; 28 August 2005, 20:49.

Comment

go on matt show im the pictures! hehehehe
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    go on matt show im the pictures! hehehehe

Yeah, go on matt, show me the pictures??

Comment

andy, calm down dear !!!
                      matt drives artics too!!
                      doesnt pay to make too many assumptions here!
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

He just asked one little question....
                        "When they wear out, what are the best tyers to fit to stop me from going up someones derier in the wet?"
                        Now he's the worst driver on the forum?
                        LOL
                        go on matt get the piccys out!

Comment

Oh dear.... mine's bigger then your's.....
                          Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Hehe I read M35's post about 4 times and more and even listened to the wife (for a minute!) and just didnt want to scroll down coz I know what I know and its very funny

Hope Slugmans moved on from the daycab DAF though

500 horsies in a V8 RCab ooooooooooh hehehehehehehe, now a topline would be something!

Comment

Go on, show me your artics!!!!!

Mine is definately bigger than yours

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X